Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Reunion

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
Have you been to your H.S. reunion?
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No and I have no desire to see people that I haven't stayed in contact with all this time, lol. 

withsecond
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM
No, I didn't graduate. I got my GED. Even if I had graduated, I wouldn't go. I didn't like anyone enough to want to see them again. lol
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM
LOL
I am skipped my 10th and went to my 20th since is was a milestone.

Quoting taKENheart:

No and I have no desire to see people that I haven't stayed in contact with all this time, lol. 

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Ours was cancelled. There wasn't enough interest, lol.

What the class president (by default, that's who plans these things, at least at the high school we went to) it was going to be $90 per person...and the bar was pay as you go (so if you wanted a drink....pay crazy amounts for one!).

There was no way I was going to spend $180 + drinks + sitter to go hang out with the very people I spent 4 years trying to avoid, lol.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Hahaha it happens!
Did you get your GED right away?

Quoting withsecond: No, I didn't graduate. I got my GED. Even if I had graduated, I wouldn't go. I didn't like anyone enough to want to see them again. lol
withsecond
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I dropped out at 16 and got it at 18.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Hahaha it happens!

Did you get your GED right away?

Quoting withsecond: No, I didn't graduate. I got my GED. Even if I had graduated, I wouldn't go. I didn't like anyone enough to want to see them again. lol
Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I didn't go. I keep in contact with the ones I like so no need for a reunion.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM
LMBO
Everyone is saying the same thing! My was pricey too! But I wanted go! I guess for me,I still seen a few of my friends from H.S. but there were people hadn't seen in 20yrs.! It was awkward but fun!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Ours was cancelled. There wasn't enough interest, lol.

What the class president (by default, that's who plans these things, at least at the high school we went to) it was going to be $90 per person...and the bar was pay as you go (so if you wanted a drink....pay crazy amounts for one!).

There was no way I was going to spend $180 + drinks + sitter to go hang out with the very people I spent 4 years trying to avoid, lol.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM
That's nice do you all still live in the same area?

Quoting Momoftwinkies: I didn't go. I keep in contact with the ones I like so no need for a reunion.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM

No. My high school didn't have a real reunion and when they did they had it in September and I lived out of state with a child in school. They had it at a bar. I wasn't thrilled about going to a reunion at a bar. It's basically what they do every weekend anyways. Not very exciting! I think reunions have lost their appeal now that everyone is on Facebook lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)