Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Confused

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM
  • 27 Replies
Ok Im 27 about to be 28 my husband just turned 45 (thats correct no mistake). Im a stay at home mama. My husband doesnt really help much with our baby. She recently turned 1. When I get stressed out and need a few minutes I dont get them. He says I have it made. Well we argue all the time. Im just lost I need someone who can help me figure things out. Im confuse.
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandie111
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I have not heard enough to really comment, does he respect you? 

Reesecup1029
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Maybe and I don't know the situation but. Maybe you have to come at him a different way. Not saying that you are but it helps to bit your lip and put your nice girl face on. Bc men are like kids you have to try until you find something that works.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

While yes you may have it made ...
Doesn't give him permission to not help you out :(

Quoting alyciaarias: Ok Im 27 about to be 28 my husband just turned 45 (thats correct no mistake). Im a stay at home mama. My husband doesnt really help much with our baby. She recently turned 1. When I get stressed out and need a few minutes I dont get them. He says I have it made. Well we argue all the time. Im just lost I need someone who can help me figure things out. Im confuse.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM
In excuse! He needs to give a helping hand,so you can get a break.
alyciaarias
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Im not 100% that he does. He says he doesnt trust me. He always thinks im cheating. I am friends with an ex of his and she says he was the same way with her.

Quoting sandie111:

I have not heard enough to really comment, does he respect you? 

Liz402013
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
The father of my two year old is the same way. We are not in a relationship since before the birth of my son. He has never helped out with my son other than financially. I understand your stress and frustration. Being a mother is the toughest job to have, but such a beautiful blessing. Have you spoken to him in your calm moments about how you feel? Do you have close family or friends that can relieve you sometime? How about paying for a sitter? You can also go online and join mommy groups in your area if that is available so you can make mommy friends and your toddler can begin to interact with other children his/her age. Talking and meeting with other moms will help you meet new friends and begin to establish a support system. Also try to get out of your home during the day as much as possible for walks or to the park with your toddler which will help you relieve some stress. I hope this helps. Just remember patience, patience, and lots of patience. Try to enjoy your moments with your toddler cause they grow up so fast! Good luck mama!
alyciaarias
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:07 AM
I dont have any family here. Just him. He has family but I dont go around them much. I dont have friends just seems when I don have friends they are all to busy to talk to me. Ive tried talking to him but I just say the same things over and over. I try to take my little girl out when the weather is nice. I try to play games with her inside when the weather is bad. But she doesnt seem to be intested in anything i try with her. Like she would rather not be around me. Most of the time when her daddy is home she just cries if I do anything with her. So it makds it worse because she cries and he doesnt help.
Liz402013
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Is there a reason you don't go around his family much? Remember any issues surrounding each other is irrelevant. They are part of your family and most importantly should be in your daughter's assuming they are willing to do so. Motherhood is a big change in a woman's life and any friendships prior to the birth of your daughter will be impacted by priorities and the things that you share in common.I understand how you feel especially trying to address your issues to your husband. Men in general sometimes "don't get it." This doesn't mean we as women should feel discouraged. Maybe he is also under a lot of stress or pressure or tired just as you are. Have you discussed his overall feelings? I strongly urge you to try to focus on making new mommy friends which can make a big difference in your life now and focus on establishing your own tsupport system and this a great place to start! Hang in there you will be ok. Remember you are the key to your own happiness and happiness is a choice!
alyciaarias
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I know hes tired but things are always the same. The only one in his family that i usd to go arond alot was his mom. She passed away. His sister has her own life and i only see her sometimes. I dont have much in common with her. We dont really talk about our feelings. I know how he feels and understand but i dont think he know or understands. My baby has been sick and teething recently and she got hives due to some medicine she is allergic to.....well he didnt take mine and TWO health care professionals words for it. He asked someone else. And they said it was mumps. Really I tried to tell him how he made me feel but he didnt seem to care.
Okie-chick
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Speak up with an attitude. He helped you make the baby,he needs to help you WITH the baby. He's the father so he needs to be a dad. I'd hurt my husband if he was ever so stupid like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)