Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how can u put ur baby to sleep

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:04 AM
  • 29 Replies

my son cant sleep with out me or his dad holding him. how can u help ur baby sleep?

my son is 3 weeks old

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM

swaddle hime and put him in his bassenet.....he'll learn

Tracyjoyce
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:06 AM

he keeps crying and idk what eles to do bc we do that and it dont work

MMcCartney
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I had the same problem with my LO when she was brought into this world. As grossvas it may seem, I would swaddle her in the shirt I wore that day, yes spit up and all, then with a blanket. It had my scent that she smelled all day on it. When I would put her in the bassinet I would also use another shirt that was used to cover the bassinet pad so she was basically surrounded by the smell of me. The next day I would throwcthose shirts in the washer and jyst repeat the process. Not only that, I would also take a glove and fill it with rice and sew the opening shut. I would pop it in the microwave to warm it up and place it on her tummy to give her that warmth in the shape of my hand. As she got older I basically weaned her off the items. First I took the shirt cover off for the first week then the second week take the shirt I swaddled her in out of the picture. The weaning of glove took extra but I alternated nights until she slept peacefully without through the night. I tried everything and this was the only thing that gave me relief. That and the fact that our bassinet vibrated lol This may not work for your LO but its worth a shot. I hope everything works out!
Tracyjoyce
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:48 AM

k thanks

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Infant massage with lavender scented lotion and give them your sleep shirt so they have Mommy scent for comfort.
hesmyking_alex
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Alex lays on my stomach or he lays on my chest. Sometimes he just lays in his crib with a bottle. Alexbis 6 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
withsecond
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM

The only thing that worked was swaddling and holding him. We co slept. It was the only way to get any sleep. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM

at that age I used a halo sleep sack and laid in bed with my baby.

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Baby is sooooo young. Of course he wants mommy and daddy.

Consistency is key. Keep trying. Eventually it wi stick. I wouldn't let the baby cry tho. I am
Very anti cry it out and especially on a very new born baby.
Ashtons.mommy13
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM
My little boy will only go to sleep if I lay down in bed beside him. that's always how I have put him to bed since he was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)