Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does he have the right??

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you think your husband has the right to have a say in choosing your career if that career maintains or improves your current lifestyle and keeps to your families ethical and moral code? Or do you think that choice is yours and yours alone?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delajekasu
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I don't think anyone has a right to decide what's best from someone else unless that person is incapable of taking care of themselves or if what they are doing is harmful to themselves or others.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's my choice alone ultimately. I would always get hubby's opinion because his opinion matters. BUT it's my decision in the end. I won't do anything that would be harmful to my family and hubby knows that.
dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My feelings exactly.  My husbands opinion always has a very high importance to me in every thing that I do and every decision I make.  The same goes for him.  When he was considering retiring from where he worked prior to the job he has now, he discussed it with me and got my opinion and then made the decision he felt was right for him and our family.

Quoting katiebug840204: It's my choice alone ultimately. I would always get hubby's opinion because his opinion matters. BUT it's my decision in the end. I won't do anything that would be harmful to my family and hubby knows that.

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Exactly! :-)

Quoting dingysfamily:

My feelings exactly.  My husbands opinion always has a very high importance to me in every thing that I do and every decision I make.  The same goes for him.  When he was considering retiring from where he worked prior to the job he has now, he discussed it with me and got my opinion and then made the decision he felt was right for him and our family.

Quoting katiebug840204: It's my choice alone ultimately. I would always get hubby's opinion because his opinion matters. BUT it's my decision in the end. I won't do anything that would be harmful to my family and hubby knows that.

MommaRose3
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Yours alone. Unless there is a lot of travel involved and you two will need to decide on childcare.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Exactly this. 

OP: What career change is your husband trying to get you to make?

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Nope. Nope. Nope

Delajekasu
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I have a masters degree and he wants me to get a job that is equivalent to my degree. I just want a job where I am going to be happy. We don't owe much on my students loans because I had the gi bill from the military and what I do have we spent on paying bills. I understand him wanting me to get a good job but it pisses my off that he literally comes unglued at the thought me working at a bookstore or driving a school bus. He said the jobs were beneath me. What he doesn't get is no job is beneath me and as long as I am making what I make now what's the problem? At 40 years old, Shouldn't I strive to finally get a job that makes me
Happy?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Exactly this. 

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM

The choice is mine.......with input from hubby, namely, his opinion but ultimately up to me. Same goes for him.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Is it a matter of their no employment in the field you have your masters in? If not, then I kinda agree with hubby. But kinda you too. Dont matter if it was a free ride in college......You worked hard to get a degree in something that made you happy THEN. (I am assuming) If that dont make you happy anymore, then go for something (in degree) that does. But to just ignore what a masters can get you in the job market is kinda baffling to me. I m also in my 40s and just now achieving my associates degree in nursing. (RN) I was an aid all these years and often spouted I was happy with what i did when others would ask me when I was gonna further my education. My views changed as I got older.

Quoting Delajekasu: I have a masters degree and he wants me to get a job that is equivalent to my degree. I just want a job where I am going to be happy. We don't owe much on my students loans because I had the gi bill from the military and what I do have we spent on paying bills. I understand him wanting me to get a good job but it pisses my off that he literally comes unglued at the thought me working at a bookstore or driving a school bus. He said the jobs were beneath me. What he doesn't get is no job is beneath me and as long as I am making what I make now what's the problem? At 40 years old, Shouldn't I strive to finally get a job that makes me
Happy?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Exactly this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)