Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

this is just great

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
Dh turns into a jerk when he gets stressed. Neither of us handles it well but it gets to the point that I almost can't stand to be around him when he gets real bad. Well we came home today to discover that the fridge went out today. All our frozen food is garbage and our refrigerated food is going quickly. (We just went shopping so its quiet a bit.) Now dh is banging around because we have to dip into savings... I admit I'm upset too but at least I'm not yelling at the kids and banging files around.
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM
My dh is similar. It's taken a lot of years and a lot of fights and talks to get him to chill out. Or he goes outside till he can chill out.

Also i think he realizes that it does nothing to solve the problem and just pisses me off.
Mishy2
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Oh no that is terrible. So sorry your food all got ruined.

.Sarah.Marie.
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I'm sorry!! Mine is the same way, when he is frustrated he can be a jerk! I hope it all works out!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Mine brooded for an entire winter wondering if our old fence was going to fall over with all the wind and snow...yelling and ranting. He was short tempered with the boys. 

I finally asked him "what can you do to prevent it from happening" when he answered 'well nothing I guess' I said 'unless you're gonna stand out there all day and night all winter long, stop worrying about it".

After years of saying "what can you do to control if ____ happens or doesn't happen" when he answers "nothing" I tell him to stop being a grouch.

Sometimes when I'm really peeved, I'll just tell him to put his man-panties on and grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN