Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

lost!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
Im so lost. I need help. My husband and I fight all the time. Now its to the point where he says he hates me. Im affraid to sleep Im affaid to leave my house. Im affraid. Ive called the police but it made him angry. I know I need to get away but if I leave with out my and my little girls stuff Ill never see it again. I need help
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Why have you called the cops? Is he abusive? If he is abusive whether just emotional or physically or both, you need to get you and your daughter out of the situation. There are help lines that you can call that can direct you were to go. Remember that things can be replaced, you and your daughter cannot.

If he's not abusive, then I think you need to consider counseling. If he won't go with you, go alone.

Here is some info for you, if you are being abused:

MaineMammax2
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM
You and your girls safety is number 1! "Stuff" can be replaced, lives can not. Pack a few bags of essentials when he is out and get to a safe place asap, if you feel this is life threatening environment.
withsecond
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Take what you can and leave everything else behind. Nothing material is worth your safety. Get out now.
seaturtle1
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Do you have family that can come fill there cars with stuff and keep you safe

Les501
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Been there, done that!! Get the F out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't stop, don't worry, just get kid, money and car keys, get to the nearest battered women's shelter.

They will help you sort the rest out later... one step at a time. I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER IF YOU ARE BRAVE FOR 20 CRAZY SECONDS!!! JUST DO IT NOW!!!!!

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM

When he is at work have some people come and help you get moved out. Put your things in storage or at someone's house and go into a shelter.

deejelly
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Why not leave and take your stuff??

LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Grab the irreplaceables (like photos) and RUN with the kids.  Don't put them through that.  Don't put yourself through that.  Once you leave, it will only get better. 

BamaSabanFan
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM

where are you located....state and city.....I will post some links and numbers for you of shelters...etc.  Material things CAN be replaced.  You and the lives of your children CANNOT be replaced.

alyciaarias
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I don't have family or friends here.(btw I live in oklahoma). Now things are ok. I don't understand this. Maybe I'll go to counseling my self. Thanks every one for the helping words.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)