Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should we leave? *EDIT*

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a silly problem. My DH was helping me do laundry and set a bottle of bleach on top of the dryer while it was running. The bottle fell off and busted open all over our carpet. (Which totally sucks because the carpet is ruined.) My biggest concern is the odor. My house smells like a pool. The laundry room is inside next to our room and our DDs. My kids are 4, 6, and 8. My eyes are burning a bit. We have a bunch of windows open and are trying to clear out the smell. It happened about an hour ago. Is it dangerous to breathe this in all night? I'm going to have the kids sleep in the room furthest from the spill. Is that good enough or should we go to a motel for the night? Money is tight right now and I don't want to waste money if there isn't really any danger. But it was about 3/4 of a bottle that spilled, so quite a bit of bleach got in the carpet. 

**EDIT** We ended up calling poison control and they said as long as we weren't getting sick (they said the burning eyes were to be expected) then we were ok to stay. We are renting a steam cleaner today to get up as much of it as possible. The house reaks! Thankfully we live in California so I can open the windows without causing an artic winter inside. Thank you ladies for your suggestions. 

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Anyone????

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Not sure how dangerous that is but if your eyes are burning I'd go to a hotel... Or rent a rug doctor to suck it out of the carpet thats cheaper...
elsters4
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. Better safe than sorry

Quoting CarlyEliz: Not sure how dangerous that is but if your eyes are burning I'd go to a hotel... Or rent a rug doctor to suck it out of the carpet thats cheaper...
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Bump

AmandH0611
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Bump
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Thanks

Quoting AmandH0611: Bump

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Thanks Ladies

Quoting elsters4: I agree with this. Better safe than sorry

Quoting CarlyEliz: Not sure how dangerous that is but if your eyes are burning I'd go to a hotel... Or rent a rug doctor to suck it out of the carpet thats cheaper...

TammyKaye72
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have a wet vac pour lots of fresh water on it and keep sucking it up like that. It will take a while bit flushing it like that will work best.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Throw that rug outside!
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
We are doing that today. Thanks!

Quoting TammyKaye72: If you have a wet vac pour lots of fresh water on it and keep sucking it up like that. It will take a while bit flushing it like that will work best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN