I have a silly problem. My DH was helping me do laundry and set a bottle of bleach on top of the dryer while it was running. The bottle fell off and busted open all over our carpet. (Which totally sucks because the carpet is ruined.) My biggest concern is the odor. My house smells like a pool. The laundry room is inside next to our room and our DDs. My kids are 4, 6, and 8. My eyes are burning a bit. We have a bunch of windows open and are trying to clear out the smell. It happened about an hour ago. Is it dangerous to breathe this in all night? I'm going to have the kids sleep in the room furthest from the spill. Is that good enough or should we go to a motel for the night? Money is tight right now and I don't want to waste money if there isn't really any danger. But it was about 3/4 of a bottle that spilled, so quite a bit of bleach got in the carpet.
**EDIT** We ended up calling poison control and they said as long as we weren't getting sick (they said the burning eyes were to be expected) then we were ok to stay. We are renting a steam cleaner today to get up as much of it as possible. The house reaks! Thankfully we live in California so I can open the windows without causing an artic winter inside. Thank you ladies for your suggestions.