Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my daughter says shes bi

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 32 Replies
My daughter is 11 and told me she likes boys and girls ans she wants to dress like a boy i feel depressed and sad because i know how cruel the world is...help pls i need some comfort :-(
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goth_mom13
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

i said the same when i was much younger then her,my dad told me to hide it and i always thought it was bad to want to love who i wanted......dont do that to your dd.....

calimom44
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
So that means that shes gay or just confused or what im sorry just trying to understand...

Quoting Goth_mom13:

i said the same when i was much younger then her,my dad told me to hide it and i always thought it was bad to want to love who i wanted......dont do that to your dd.....

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be supportive and listen. Keep the communication lines open.
Goth_mom13
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting calimom44: So that means that shes gay or just confused or what im sorry just trying to understand...

Quoting Goth_mom13:

no bi is an actual thing,but she could just be trying to see who she really likes kwim?

bi simply means likes men and women

calimom44
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Im so depressed over this now i take xanax i have a neice who is gay from my deceased brother and i knw how hard her life has been my dr told me shes just going thru puberty and jst trying to figure out who she is she says it could jst b a phase....im so alone in this no one understands me i just want her nt to suffer...
SilverFire85
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

What Goth_mom is trying to say is support your daughter, no matter what.  It's ok to love who you love.  Don't make your daughter feel ashamed for being the way she is; for who she is.  

Quoting calimom44: So that means that shes gay or just confused or what im sorry just trying to understand...

Quoting Goth_mom13:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Support and be there just to listen.  Bisexuality is  a real thing.  Has she always been more tomboyish in her clothing style and choice of interests?   She could possibly be saying this for shock value to see you freak out.  All you can do for yourself is find a therapist or counselor that can help guide you through your own feelings of conflict.

shortcakes13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Just show her love and be there for her...
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

just love her and support her.

Gypsyd
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Just be as supportive as you can for her ..the last thing she needs is somone that means the world too her too be ashamed of her .. not saying that you are .. this is a lot too take in maybe its a faize maybe it isnt .. She is just 11 yrs old .I wish you the best ..Maybe yall need too talk about this more ...just listen too her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)