Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When is it no longer appropriate to be nude around kids?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 36 Replies

I don't even remember when I last saw my dad or mom naked personally.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Whenever you or they are uncomfortable about it.

Jessica190
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

When were you last naked around you child? My son is 5 and my daughter is 3 and I think it might be time to cover around my son. Since my daughter is younger and female I might wait a little longer with her.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
When they start to notice or ask questions. My daughter has seen me naked several times, mostly because she still climbs in the shower with me (because god forbid I shower alone!!). She hasn't said anything and doesn't seem too curious about anybody being naked. She's 4.

My son is 6 and I don't shower with him anymore. He isn't curious, but I also think he's too old anymore for me. He has seen me topless though when he walks in. I don't make a big deal out of it and just carry on getting dressed while explaining to him why we should knock.

Both of my kids are weird though and really have no interest in the difference between boys and girls. I mean, they know there is a difference, but never have said what the difference is or been interested in their different parts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMIC
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
When my babies eyes set. I could never be naked around my children. That's messed up
jtsmommy11
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I think we are about there. my 2 yr old pointed to my vag and said mommas poopoo eww. so ya he noticed i was different so no more quick showers with him
Jessica190
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Yeah, I should cover up now 

withsecond
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Well, my youngest is 4 and I'm not comfortable being naked around him. I guess it's a personal choice. 

I don't remember ever seeing my mother naked. I'm perfectly okay with that. 

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I've seen my mom naked, though I'd prefer not to have. My oldest is 7, and I don't change around her or shower with her, but we don't make a big deal about nakedness.

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM
My boys are 13, down to 6. I don't freak out if they see me in the shower. If I have to grab something from another part of the house, I'll announce my nudity so theyay avert their eyes if they are uncomfortable. But nobody really seems to care.
waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Around 3 is when I will no longer let my children see me naked. My husband on the other hand has no concept of modesty, lol, he grew up in a very unmodest family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN