Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my son is 3 and cant brake the fever

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 15 Replies
My son has a fever and it started on Wednesday i took him to the er and they said just alot of water and rest. So i have been doing that the fever gose up and down though out the day. We went ti his dr. Today and they said the same thing i will try anything brake this fever. Its stressing me out. I have been givibg him tylenol and ibuprofen for the past 3 days.
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM

BREAK.........   What is the highest temperature the fever has gone up to?

Rhodin
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

A lukewarm bath would help.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Fevers are good...it's how the body fights the illness. How high has it been? With my kids, anything under 102 I let go without meds...unless they're in pain or discomfort. The more it can burn, the faster it'll burn out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:49 AM

What's the highest it's gotten? What is his sustained temp?

alishak510
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
The highest its been is 103.2 but i did some home remedies and it looks like its helping
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
100% this... The body needs a fever, to a degree. (He he, see what I did there?) Hope he's better soon!

Quoting beadingmom17: Fevers are good...it's how the body fights the illness. How high has it been? With my kids, anything under 102 I let go without meds...unless they're in pain or discomfort. The more it can burn, the faster it'll burn out.
Mommy2jeremy
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Cut a potato in half and put it on his forehead.. Supposedly it helps take the fever away.. Hope this helps and that he feels better
PursuePeace
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Hi Alisha, 

I know how nerve wracking that can be. My kids are sick all the time. I'm praying for a quick recovery for your little guy! 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Never heard of this but I know a potato will get rid of a boil.
I will try it for a fever. My grandma use to put onions on my feet. I like the less stinky potato option better.

Quoting Mommy2jeremy: Cut a potato in half and put it on his forehead.. Supposedly it helps take the fever away.. Hope this helps and that he feels better
Mommy2jeremy
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Quoting DACIA79: Never heard of this but I know a potato will get rid of a boil.
I will try it for a fever. My grandma use to put onions on my feet. I like the less stinky potato option better.

Quoting Mommy2jeremy: Cut a potato in half and put it on his forehead.. Supposedly it helps take the fever away.. Hope this helps and that he feels better

An older woman in one of my classes told me about this.. She said it worked with her kids.. Ive never tried it, but I figure its a safer option than rubbing alcohol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN