Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

affairs...to tell or not to tell

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 41 Replies
If you know a couple and the wife is cheating and has with 3differnt guys and you are all friends, do u say anything to the husband? Or just pretend you dont know? And if you are cheating and your friends find out do u expect them.to keep your secret from.your spouse?

This is happening at my workplace. Everyone knows but no one is saying anything to him and they are all friends. I would want someone to tell me, and I would not expect them to jeep it a secret
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I don't say anything but said person isn't my friend anymore. I have told on the cheater and told someone they have been cheated on. Both times ended badly for me so I learned my lesson and stay out of it now.
3kidz123
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

tell...always tell

TheSilence
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I would compile evidence and anonymously send the spouse the proof.
JoProsMom
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I told and lost a few friends. Turns out that they weren't much friends to begin with if they cheated in the first place.
TwinkleToes25
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I thought this too. I have a fake fb that I started up a Long time ago that I could send annonomous message from. She told him she gave his friend a blow job but that that was all. When it was several diff Men different times. She was blackmailed by someone else to even tell him that to begin with

Quoting TheSilence: I would compile evidence and anonymously send the spouse the proof.
TwinkleToes25
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:33 PM
He almost left her for that which I think he should have I just dont want to say something if he may end up hurting himself. He started drinking heavily after she told him the first part. I dont want him to get shit faced and Drive and get in wreck or something because hrs so upset. They have.a 1.5yr old lil girl that once.he finds out about the others he will question paternity too
FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The problem is, if you do say anything you have to expect that he'll tell her who told him. Also, he may not even believe you. 

I personally, would want to know. Also, I'm not sure I'd care much if she knew I told. She shouldn't be cheating. 

jeanie54
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been my experience that the spouse usually has an inkling anyway...or will find out on their own soon enough. Time and time again, I've seen the person who ends up telling also somehow ending up getting blamed for being the messenger. I would stay out of it. Cheaters are everywhere anyway and I wouldn't spread anymore pain in the world than there already has to be. Also, you may be labeled as a "troublemaker" and may not be believed. 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Dh has a friend from high school who is/was cheating on his wife. Come to find out, this isn't his first affair, it's his 2nd. And she's had one as well. He explained to my dh, that was why they bought a new mattress. Because apparently she brought her affair home. 

In this case I shut my mouth. I honestly have nothing vested in their marriage or them as people. I'm not sure what I'd do if a friend was cheating. I don't have a ton of friends, but the ones I do, aren't wired to lie on that level.

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:13 AM

maybe he enjoys being a cuckhold and sharing his wife.

i mean really how dumb would he be not to know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN