Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*Update* She needs me & idk what to do?!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
My neice just call me hysterical(sp?), telling me that her bestfriend just died in a car accident. She doesnt know what to do & asked if she could come to my house. I told her yes.

So shes on her way with her dad.
my neice is 13 years old & has never had to deal with a death real close. I dont know how to comfort her, i know i cant make it better. But i also dont know what to say or do.
Does anyobe have any advice? Please & Thank you!

*ETA*
All the advice helped ladies i really appreciate it. She cried all day & night & she woke me up this morning crying. But now shes helping me make lunch. I told her to stay here as long as she wanted.

This evening shes wanting to go over to her friends house the family invited my neice, my kids, & i over. So i will update after that. Thanks so much again ladies!
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Just be there, listen to her, let her cry.  She is looking for support and it sunds like she wants you for that.

evemomoftwo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Just listen and give her a big hug. Shes hurt and feeling lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Just listen and let her cry on your shoulder. If there is something said where you can give the advice then take that opportunity. Sorry for her loss thata hard. :(
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hug her and be there for her... Maybe cook with her or something so she can get her mind distracted ?
Sammie0402
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Just listen and let her cry. Don't tell her she's in a better place (I hated that when I was grieving a close relatives death) and don't tell her it is all part of gods plan (that was worse). Just listen that's what she is going to need, let her cry and that's the best you can do- even if she doesn't talk and just cries, it'll help. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica1078
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Just listen if she wants to talk, just be there. I've dealt with losing friends at a young age it's not easy- in fact it's a nightmare. Good luck big hugs to you both
.dreamcatcher.
by India on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Thank you, ladies! That helps. & i got my cake mixes out. After she calms down im going to take a PPs advice & cook with her.
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Plenty of ice cream and just let her cry and let her talk. All you can do is listen and be there when she breaks down

mysticatgal
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Hug and listen. Maybe ask for favorite times with the friend. I did the same thing with my mom when I lost a friend in a motorcycle accident and I just needed someone to cry to.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Just be there for her! Death is even difficult for adults!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)