Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Another language

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
  • 27 Replies
Did you study another language in school?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM
High school I studied spanish. I remember very little of what I learned.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Yup.  Spanish.   It is practically all gone now though since i do not use it very much.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
No but my son goes to a full Spanish language immersion school.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I took Spanks too!
My daughter is taking it now! Some of it,is coming back to me to help my daughter.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yup.  Spanish.   It is practically all gone now though since i do not use it very much.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Immersion school,what's that?

Quoting DACIA79: No but my son goes to a full Spanish language immersion school.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I wish I would have stayed up on my Spanish! :-(
How long did you take it?

Quoting katiebug840204: High school I studied spanish. I remember very little of what I learned.
MaineMammax2
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM
French and I loved it but could not speak it fluently, just enough to get around in Quebec, lol!
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Elementary and high school I took French; high school I also took German. Middle school I took Spanish. College I took Greek and Latin. I can still read most of those with some struggle and I can still speak basic, halting French, but German eludes me completely.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM

it was fun when i was immersed in it.  I could actually talk to a person from italy in spanish and they could understand me.  Made others made since they did not speak either language lol.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I took Spanks too!
My daughter is taking it now! Some of it,is coming back to me to help my daughter.

Quoting frndlyfn:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM
It is a Spanish speaking program for English speaking children or other languages to learn Spanish. The teacher speaks to the children only in Spanish and the kids pick up the language rather quickly. Its kindergarten - eight grade. So you immerse yourself into the language by having to speak speak it on a daily basis.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Immersion school,what's that?

Quoting DACIA79: No but my son goes to a full Spanish language immersion school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)