Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

superbowl food ideas

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I'm gonna throw my 1st superbowl party this year and I'm not sure what all I should make besides pizza and hotdogs and chips with dip? Does anyone have any other ideas? Sorry 4 spelling on crappy phone and it keeps kickin me off so trying 2 post this before Ihave 2 start all over.
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM

My husband is hosting this year for 10 people, I wanted to do something different; I know they like hot wings and potato skins the cheese, bacon and sour cream. I was thinking about doing some kind of sliders, chili cheese dogs, and jalapeno poppers. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Each year I make buffalo chicken mac and cheese, my mom makes chilli. My friend usually has a sandwich tray and wings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beans13
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Buffalo chicken dip
Bacon cheese dip

Just google the recipes
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

We typically have a house full of people... Last year, I made a huge pot of chili, had chips, queso and all the toppings ( guacamole- home made, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onions, sliced jalepenos) ....I also had jalepeno poppers ( sliced jalepenos filled with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon before being baked), spinach artichoke dip (I saute onion and garlic before adding it to my mixer with a can of drained artichokes...then, I add sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, ground black pepper, salt and hot sauce to the mixer and blend. Then, I add frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeezed. Once that is incorporated, I add parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and mozzarella or monterey jack depending on my mood. I put it into a baking dish and microwave it for 8 minutes and serve with chips or crackers), I also had tortilla roll ups ( tortillas filled with meats, cheese, lettuce, chilled and sliced), as well as desserts...I typically make brownies and cookies.. I go all out for parties. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Stacie03
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:53 AM

This year my aunt is hosting she is doing cold cuts, chili, philly cheese steak dip, chips, veggie tray, jello, and a few sweets.  

In the past we have done hot wings, pizza, deep fried turkey, potato soup, white chicken chili.  It really just depends on who's hosting and what we are all in the mood for.

mom_of_Haley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Thank you all.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I love buffalo chicken dip. Mmmm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN