Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you go out to eat do you/your kids... ?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 168 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you pull out your phone and check Facebook, CafeMom or play games while you're sitting at the table waiting for your food to arrive?  

Does your spouse or your child/ren do it?

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Not really...only if I'm waiting for someone to meet me there. Otherwise we treat it like the dinner table...no phones and no toys. Well, except the coloring pages and crayons for the kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandH0611
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM
No, I make it a point to leave my phone in the car.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Yes sometimes but not alot of times..

Quoting amonkeymom:

Do you pull out your phone and check Facebook, CafeMom or play games while you're sitting at the table waiting for your food to arrive?  

Does your spouse or your child/ren do it?

disneymom2two
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If I go out alone for a meal, I use my phone or read a book.  If there is anyone with me (DH, kids,friend, etc), I absolutely do not play on the phone or check facebook.  I think that's very rude.  My kids know not to pull their phones out.  DH doesn't check his either.  If I'm out and it rings, I'll answer it if its DH or one of the kids if they're not with me.  Anyone else can go to voicemail.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband does and I yell at him for it. lol. He's good and will say, oh sorry and put it away.
Molimomma
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM

My husband does and it makes me crazy!! It is a pet peeve of mine and I have I fact asked him to hand it over at a restaurant before to get him to pay attention to myself and my son. My son will use his iPad at home but not in restaurants, I don't usually bring it with us on purpose so it is not an issue.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I took my three kiddos out last night and i had my phone out to take pictures but that was it. :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM

nope.  We do however usually have homework or coloring pages to occupy time while we wait.

SweetPoison
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I bring the Ipad to keep my kids entertained thats all..but as soon as the food is set down all electronics away..

I am not paying just to eat..i am paying for a good time with my family :)

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:11 PM

No. Games, books, toys, coloring, etc. Are not allowed at the dinner table in our family, whether we are at home or out to dinner. It's bad manners. Phones are only used for emergencies. My mother in law has medical problems so we will glance at our phones if we get a call or text to make sure it's nothing that needs to be tended to right now, otherwise they stay put away. When we are waiting for our food to arrive we talk to each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)