Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

stop criticizing stay at home moms!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 42 Replies
7 moms liked this
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/01/26/stay-at-home-moms-you-dont-owe-the-world-an-explanation/

http://thoughtcatalog.com/amy-glass/2014/01/i-look-down-on-young-women-with-husbands-and-kids-and-im-not-sorry/

No I am not a doctor. I am not a scientist. I am not a politician or a banker. But I am the one helping to raise the next generation of doctors, scientists and politicians. What I do is extraordinary and a 'milestone' in my life. I agree that hiking the Appalachian mountains or backpacking Asia is a huge accomplishment. But what I do is just as important, if not more. I am not looking for applause or a pat on the back. I just want to speak for all SAHMs that get bashed or put down on a regular basis. My job is just that, a job. You pay nanny's and daycares to do it and it's considered their 'job'. Why is it any different for me? I don't put down women who work. By choice or not, it's your choice. The mommy wars are really getting old. Take care of you abd yours and stop worrying about mine. Thanks :) Rant over

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
working-girl
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Okay.
seraphimsong
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Don't let 'em get to you
FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Agreed!
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I hear you... Of course the same could said about a lot of things
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Being a sahm isn't a job. It is something you chose to do.
Sukozu1812
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you not choose what company to work for? You choose to go to work. Others choose to stay home. The only difference is one is getting paid and the other is not.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Being a sahm isn't a job. It is something you chose to do.
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Being a volunteer isn't a job just like staying at home isn't a job. Don't get things mixed up.

Quoting Sukozu1812: Do you not choose what company to work for? You choose to go to work. Others choose to stay home. The only difference is one is getting paid and the other is not.

Sukozu1812
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't look at everything in black and white.
By your logic, thousands of people shouldn't have a paycheck because what they do isnt a job.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Being a volunteer isn't a job just like staying at home isn't a job. Don't get things mixed up.

Quoting Sukozu1812: Do you not choose what company to work for? You choose to go to work. Others choose to stay home. The only difference is one is getting paid and the other is not.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Being a parent wether stay at home or not isn't a job. I'm not saying being a sahm is bad, it just isn't a job.

Quoting Sukozu1812: Don't look at everything in black and white.

By your logic, thousands of people shouldn't have a paycheck because what they do isnt a job.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Being a volunteer isn't a job just like staying at home isn't a job. Don't get things mixed up.

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Matt Walsh is a sexist douche bag and that comes through when he blogs on these types of topics.

Women aren't as ambitious as men?
Uh what the fuck? I went to an all girls catholic high school. I've seen first hand how ambitious women are.
I'm a woman and I own two businesses.

Also you will notice a common theme within his blogs. He only speaks highly and offers respect to women who are submissive to men. Every other woman is labelled as a hateful,
Feminazi, liberal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)