Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have to rant

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
Once again this morning I find myself taking the over stuffed can't close the lid trash out again
I'm going crazy. I've asked sooo many times please can you take it out if it gets to be like this and still they all leave it for me. I'd leave it but I tried that before and they just stick it on the counter next to it. It's not like I'm asking them to take a final for school. It's taking a bag out of a barrel. Aaaaaahhhh!!!! Sorry about the rant but does anyone else have this problem
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jmonroe65355
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Yes! We began making all video game, tv, tablet, etc time earned through chores. If the kiddos don't do what they are asked they lose time. For every chore, they earn time.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
I do. I've gotten really angry about it before and blew up about it. Things changed for awhile but then went right back to the way they were. What really sucks is there are 2 grown men living in my house and neither will take it out unless told to with hate! Lol
Granted....they do work a lot. 80 hour weeks lately, so I can't fuss too much lately. Sigh.....
Reina13
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes ma'am. I have boys and this was always a battle for us. Then I got creative with my consequences. If they didn't do their chores without being asked to do them, then they lost all electricity. If it required batteries or a plug and had an off/on switch, they lost it. To include the light switch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN