Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend grocery shopping per week??????

Posted by   + Show Post

How much do you spend weekly on grocery's. I try to work on a $400 budget a month and it never happens. We have a family of 5 including myself, 3 children ages 9, 6 & 4 and my better half.

Im trying to prove a point here to how much is "Normal" for a family. I do coupon & dont buy ANY junk....ice cream, cookies, little debbies....none of that.

Thanks for your imput!!!!

Jess

((hugs))

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM
We get our meat from the commissary, it is the cheapest place around here. I've never heard of Albertsons

Quoting MamaTinie: Have any of you checked Albertsons (or equivalent) for meats? Here in Washington they do buy one get one free or have coupons for buy one get two free deals.

I spend about $200 for 3.

My mom would go to canned grocery outlets and places like Winco and buy bulk. She did a family of 7 on a 250$ budget each month. I'm still working on it!
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM

$400 a month for family of 5. soon my youngest will have to be included so family of 6.

noelgray
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM

We try to keep it around $100. When DH gets bonus or OT checks, we will try to fill up the freezer. 

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
50-80$ a week for a family of 8. Never buy name brands always go for the store brands. Same stuff, just different name. Make a weekly menu and do not buy over what you need. It can be done i do it every week. All my kids are in school tho so I only buy dinners... Summer time tho it does go up to about 100$ per week because of breakfast and lunch. But it really can happen just got to cut back and budget.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:39 PM
50-80$ a week for a family of 8. Never buy name brands always go for the store brands. Same stuff, just different name. Make a weekly menu and do not buy over what you need. It can be done i do it every week. All my kids are in school tho so I only buy dinners... Summer time tho it does go up to about 100$ per week because of breakfast and lunch. But it really can happen just got to cut back and budget.
Mommylovesdada
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM
I budget for 150 a week but usually stay under that. We are a family of five and a dog. This includes toiletries and paper goods and I don't coupon.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM

at leaat 100 or more a week

waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Not counting formula for the baby, we spend about $100 a week for a family of 11. We raise our own meat and veggies, we also have some fruit trees. We also have 2 nanny goats that provide us milk.

ToniTennille
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:23 AM
I have 4 girls and I'm pregnant, so almost a family of 6. I spend anywhere from $140-$160 every two weeks. I stick to making things from scratch. I buy mostly, fruit, veggies and meat. No box or canned stuff. Our store also has manager specials every Thursday so that's when I shop.
Malayahsmom06
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:26 AM
We spend $400-500 a month, not counting formula and baby food. Me hubby and kids are 7, 4, and 9 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)