Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend grocery shopping per week??????

Posted by   + Show Post

How much do you spend weekly on grocery's. I try to work on a $400 budget a month and it never happens. We have a family of 5 including myself, 3 children ages 9, 6 & 4 and my better half.

Im trying to prove a point here to how much is "Normal" for a family. I do coupon & dont buy ANY junk....ice cream, cookies, little debbies....none of that.

Thanks for your imput!!!!

Jess

((hugs))

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
McKaylaslove
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Thanks for your replies everyone! Good to know Im in the same money range. I try but it always seems like we are running out of something! 

thefiregoddess
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM
100$ a month
BeachbodyMom77
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I really struggle with budgeting groceries.  I like to eat healthy - wish I could get out of the store spending $100 per week, but it usually adds up to $150.  I have a family of 4 - my girls are 5 & 6.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM

For a family of six, about $250 a more 

MamaTinie
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Its on mostly the west coast I think. And I remember shopping at the commissary with mom/dad when I was little. Its defiantly cheaper than grocery stores!

Quoting happymama0609: We get our meat from the commissary, it is the cheapest place around here. I've never heard of Albertsons

Quoting MamaTinie: Have any of you checked Albertsons (or equivalent) for meats? Here in Washington they do buy one get one free or have coupons for buy one get two free deals.

I spend about $200 for 3.

My mom would go to canned grocery outlets and places like Winco and buy bulk. She did a family of 7 on a 250$ budget each month. I'm still working on it!
joci2203
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM
200 per week family of 6.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM

We spend around $150 a week. Just on food....the other household stuff we buy as we need and never get them with our groceries, lol.

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I budget 150$ each pay period, so twice a month ish. It is me, my husband and our two boys-8 and 4. I don't buy junk or sodas. I don't coupon. I meal plan sometimes and this helps keep on budget.  Though we do not have to buy any meat at the store, we get our beef and pork from my husbands family farm, and we help out our neighbor in various ways, he repays us with fresh chicken, so I think this helps us a lot. I also make freezer meals in bulk.  I live in MN. I think our greatest expense is cheese. Also Toiletries are included in my food budget.

Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:42 AM
A family of 3, $120-$150. That is only for about 4 meals, and we never really need to buy meat because we buy that in bulk. We REALLY need to budget better! We just buy what ever we want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happy2bMommy1
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Per week! I thought it's Per month you go grocery shopping that's what i do. I spend about $200 monthly.  @Sam's club you buy in bulk that way food will last longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)