Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend grocery shopping per week??????

Posted by   + Show Post

How much do you spend weekly on grocery's. I try to work on a $400 budget a month and it never happens. We have a family of 5 including myself, 3 children ages 9, 6 & 4 and my better half.

Im trying to prove a point here to how much is "Normal" for a family. I do coupon & dont buy ANY junk....ice cream, cookies, little debbies....none of that.

Thanks for your imput!!!!

Jess

((hugs))

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
seraphimsong
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM
We have a family of 4 and spend around $300-$350 a month
MelindaRamirez
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I spend 800 -900 a month for 3. This includes everything that one buys at a grocery store like paper towels, pull ups, shampoo, ect. I like to buy fresh and organic.
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I spend about 100 to 115 for a family of four we dont buy junk just veggies, meats, some fruit and we buy rice in bulk.
NicoleJudy
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I'm really impressed by how little some of you spend! We are in Australia (if that makes a difference) but we spend up to $150 a week and there are only 3 of us!

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM

We spend about $500 a month.... But we also buy stupid stuff. And we are a family of 4 oh and plus daycare kids.

Nickysnooks
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM

same here but a bit more lately since I'm pregnant and have been having some way out cravings lol

Quoting Serabeth06:

I meal plan and spend $150 a week for a family of 4.

whooperz
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM
150-200 a week family of 5
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Congrats. (: Me too, but I'm only 7 weeks, so instead of cravings I'm in the food aversion, puke up everything I eat, phase. x.X But I've anticipated and added some money to the food budget in the coming months. Generally $150 is the highest I spend, like in weeks we eat gooood with multi-ingredient meals. If I buy pizza or a pre-made meal, I normally spend less. Just depends on how much I plan to cook.

Quoting Nickysnooks:

same here but a bit more lately since I'm pregnant and have been having some way out cravings lol

Quoting Serabeth06:

I meal plan and spend $150 a week for a family of 4.

ashleynickia
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM
I usually go shopping every two weeks and spend about $180. No junk food and were a family of 4.
lamborah
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Family of 5 we spend about 120 a week on food sometimes more when we really want something. I make it work regardless because its all we have
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)