Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have YOU ever been selected for a more thorough check at airplane security?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 165 Replies

I was thinking about the post about patting down children, what about you? Have you ever been through being patted down or wanded?  A friend was, and she said they got up close and personal. She joked about it, but it sounds unpleasant.  I didn't even like the naked security machines. I think I heard that they are being discontinued.

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:07 PM

yeah I have ... once. I was traveling alone with an almost 5 year old a 3 year old and a 2 month old in a snuggly... a double stroller and 6 carry ons... the metal in the snuggly set off the metal detector so they took me over in the corner and had me take the baby off ... one of the security people held him while they wanded me down... not really a big thing except the extra time made all our stuff back up the x-ray line.

n_icole
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM
They saw something about my bra. I was asked my age and had a female TSA member basically feeling up my boobs. Not a good experience, nor was I happy about it.
LeilaBeansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Nope. Haven't been on a plane since I was 3.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope  I never have been.  I feel discriminated against.   Of course the one time I had a stuffed tweety bird in my carry on so the person said "obviously you are no terrorist. "  

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM

All of this going on would have had me so shaky-  the little kiddos to watch plus the confusion of setting things down and being examined and the stuff backing up at the x-ray line!  How did you keep your cool?

Quoting ditsyjo:

yeah I have ... once. I was traveling alone with an almost 5 year old a 3 year old and a 2 month old in a snuggly... a double stroller and 6 carry ons... the metal in the snuggly set off the metal detector so they took me over in the corner and had me take the baby off ... one of the security people held him while they wanded me down... not really a big thing except the extra time made all our stuff back up the x-ray line.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:34 AM

*shudder*  Wow. Pretty unpleasant!  I've had them go through my handbag a few times, and last time they asked to see my watch, but that's it.

Quoting n_icole: They saw something about my bra. I was asked my age and had a female TSA member basically feeling up my boobs. Not a good experience, nor was I happy about it.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:35 AM

It's become a pretty grim experience. :(

Quoting LeilaBeansMom: Nope. Haven't been on a plane since I was 3.

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No

TheSilence
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I have been patted down and they have used a wand.
Not a big deal and completely worth it for security and safety.
Mommy2-3181
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope we almost never have to go threw security,my husband has a TSA card so we don't usually ever have to deal with that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN