Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

College Roommates..

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm a college freshman and have a high chance of being pregnant right now. No, I'm not going to sit back and say I'm a perfect little angle because I'm not. I live with two other girls who I didn't know prior to Aug 2013. I am realizing they are drunk slobs. One has slept with OVER 20 men and she is only 19. The other is just ugh. They both came into college not knowing what they want to do with their lives, yes I understand this isn't uncommon. They seemed to take a sudden interest in MY major and take every class that I am in hoping I'd share books, help them out and fill them in on information.

I have about HAD it. I leave every weekend to go home and work, I find out I have people I DO NOT know sleeping in my bed, alcohol bottles laying all over the place, clothes everywhere, beds unmade, food left on desks and they make it seem like I "missed so much". Now, $50,000 later they're realizing they really don't know what they want to do with their lives and want to drop out because it's a waste of their time. If alcohol isn't involved, you don't have drama to share or you're not interested in their weekend they seem to have nothing to say. Oh and the best part is, they will text me about how they find MY boyfriend hot, how he should intoduce them to his friends and whatever else they have to say about him.

Am I wrong for flat out hating everything they do, say, and can't stand them being around me? I am at the end of my rope and simply don't know what to do anymore!

Someone please give me decent advise. 

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I think you need to figure out how to deal with them even if that means ignoring them. Life is full of people who act just like this and you will need to learn how to deal with it. Good luck!

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Can you move? I would move out of a situation like that! Good luck Mama!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Do you live together in a dorm room or an apartment?

If an apartment, lock your bedroom anytime you leave.

If you're in a dorm room, chances are you're not allowed to have alcohol on campus.  Report them to the monitor or someone in the housing department.  You can do so anonymously.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Want to live with my daughter?  LOL.  she is a freshman too.  Funny, 4.0 in poly sci and easy going.  She doesnt drink or smoke.  She just got a new roomie (her old one was too homesick and moved out in the first week.)

This new one is from a very urban area, asks my suburban daughter if she wants to smoke a blunt or drink a 40 together LOL.  This girls old roomie was afraid of her and so was the RA.  she is known to get violent.  

I suggested to her and now to you to go into the residence life office and tell them your situation.  

n_icole
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Oh please! Hahaha I need to get away from people who just want to play around.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Want to live with my daughter?  LOL.  she is a freshman too.  Funny, 4.0 in poly sci and easy going.  She doesnt drink or smoke.  She just got a new roomie (her old one was too homesick and moved out in the first week.)

This new one is from a very urban area, asks my suburban daughter if she wants to smoke a blunt or drink a 40 together LOL.  This girls old roomie was afraid of her and so was the RA.  she is known to get violent.  

I suggested to her and now to you to go into the residence life office and tell them your situation.  

n_icole
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Sadly a dorm. You're right there is a no alcohol policy but the school seems to just give a warning and some fines..nothing too serious.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Do you live together in a dorm room or an apartment?

If an apartment, lock your bedroom anytime you leave.

If you're in a dorm room, chances are you're not allowed to have alcohol on campus.  Report them to the monitor or someone in the housing department.  You can do so anonymously.

seraphimsong
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Move out?

Sheri0427
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM

First figure out if you are pregnant.  That is your biggest concern right now.  Crummy low class roommates are just that.

if you are pregnant you need to begin prenatal care and begin making plans if you are going to keep the baby, give it up for adoption ,etc.  figuring out if you are pregnant may help you decide what to do about your living situation.  You would not want to expose your unborn baby to pot or cigarette smoke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN