Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She can't give him that she is too young

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
  • 374 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I made a post a few days ago about my 6yr old and a little boy in her class having a little "crush" on each other.well dd wanted to get him something for vday,so she got him this little plush dog that has a bone that says "I dig you" and she got him a big heart lollipop.well when she was telling my stepmom about it of course this women has an opinion on everything and can't just let a 6yr old be happy.told my dd is was not appropriate to give it to him.since because girls her age shouldn't be liking boys and it might upset the kids mom.of course my dd started crying because she just wanted to give her friend something for vday and grandma had to be a bitch.i mean really what's the big deal they are two freaking 6yr olds.so hopefully I am not crazy but if your 6 yr old son came home with a special valentines day gift would it upset you?  

This is the dog she got him

Edit- I'm not sure where some of you moms are getting that dd thinks he is her boyfriend or that they are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

im so happy to see that about 95% of the moms in this post are not crazy and can see it for what it is.two 6yr olds who are friends and like each other.my dd doesn't want to go have his babies.she is not picking out a wedding dress.she is just being a kid and she wanted to do something special for her "best friend" as she called him tonight that doesn't make her "fast" as one mom so nicely put it.but in any event I'm sure he will love it and it will make him happy.and it will make my dd happy that's all that matters.

its been fun ladies but I now have to go to bed the hubby is coming back tomorrow so I will actually have stuff to do.its been nice having a break and nothing to do for. 2days.but that ends tomorrow.poo

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aliceinwildland
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM
50 moms liked this

If my son came home with a valentines day gift like that, I'd think its adorable. Theres no harm in having crushes, honestly SM sounds like a weirdo.

Mommy2-3181
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Aliceinwildland:

If my son came home with a valentines day gift like that, I'd think its adorable. Theres no harm in having crushes, honestly SM sounds like a weirdo.

She is.she doesn't think its right because the kid told my dd he loved her and my dd says she loves him please I love you to 6yr olds mean hey let's be BFFS.she is a nut job

Aliceinwildland
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She like way over thinking it and just turning something harmless into something bad, which in the long run, is really only going to confuse your dd.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting Aliceinwildland:

She is.she doesn't think its right because the kid told my dd he loved her and my dd says she loves him please I love you to 6yr olds mean hey let's be BFFS.she is a nut job

MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That is adorable!
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:37 PM

No, its cute.  

happyboy2
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:37 PM
5 moms liked this
I think it would be cute if my son came home with a vday gift from a girl. Hell my son is 2 years old and he gives two girls at his school hugs every morning when he sees them. I would tell grandma to shut up!!
noahscott
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM

AWWW.. i would think it was the cutest thing ever if my son came home with something like that (he's 6).

cLanief
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:43 PM
AWWWW!!!!!
butterflycircle
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i think it is innocent enough but i can see how it could be inappropriate. i wouldn't encourage my children to have/pursue a crush (i know kids and people get crushes).

Mommy2-3181
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Idk I could see maybe if she was like ten and knew what a crush really was but to her right now it's just she wants him to be her best friend.but she says she has a crush on him and when asked what it means she says that he is her friend.so I don't see the harm it's innocent 

Quoting butterflycircle:

i think it is innocent enough but i can see how it could be inappropriate. i wouldn't encourage my children to have/pursue a crush (i know kids and people get crushes).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN