Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What name do you HATE?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

Personally the names Destiny and Nevaeh really grate on my nerves.

What names do you dislike the most?

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenoratell1
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I know this is an upopular opinion but the names jayden and kaylee rub me the wrong way. :/ Also any celebrity baby name.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't think I've seen a name that I hate. I've seen some that make me scratch my head and think "HOW IN THE HECK?" But whatever. The whole Neveah thing...it's more of the parent's attitude.

"I named her Neveah because it's unique and it's Heaven spelled backwards." No, it's not unique, it's pretty darn common, and everyone already knows that it's Heaven spelled backwards.

BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

North West, Brock Lee (yes I knew the family that did that), Apple (seriously?).

I swear some people just don't think about how these things will affect their kids.

Linda733
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Nancy, Debbie and Tammy 

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Caroline
Linda733
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh I agree about the celebrity baby names!! Lol 

Quoting lenoratell1:

I know this is an upopular opinion but the names jayden and kaylee rub me the wrong way. :/ Also any celebrity baby name.

KenneMaw
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't like April or Destiny..sounds like a stripper.
poppys_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
I know this is silly, but I don't like the name Jeremy. I always thought the parents were so mean to name him germy (since I didn't know how to spell it as a kid, nor that it could be pronounced with 3 syllables.) friends recently had a kid and kept his name very hush hush so it'd be a surprise. When they announced it, I had a hard time staying polite. Doesn't matter if I like the name-- they do!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Aw, that's my oldest son's name.  

I understand though.  I hate when people call him Germy, Jerry or JJ (his middle name starts with a J also).  We often call him JerBear here.  When I named him though, I didn't know anyone with that name and only one person named Jeremiah.  Of course, after he was born, there were Jeremys everywhere!

Quoting poppys_mommy: I know this is silly, but I don't like the name Jeremy. I always thought the parents were so mean to name him germy (since I didn't know how to spell it as a kid, nor that it could be pronounced with 3 syllables.) friends recently had a kid and kept his name very hush hush so it'd be a surprise. When they announced it, I had a hard time staying polite. Doesn't matter if I like the name-- they do!

michelle623
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Haley, Alyssa and Harley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)