Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am I wrong for thinking like this?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 797 Replies
3 moms liked this
The OB office I go to is run by a rather large group of doctors and mid-wife's so first of all its hard to get a good connection with the doctor that will be delivering my baby. Every appointment you go to your seen by a new doctor! Theirs a lot of times where you have to go over your previous appointment with a new doctor so they can get the run down. You can't request to be seen by only one doctor either, I have already asked this question, because they may not be the doctor on call at the time you go into labor. I have also tried looking into other ob offices in my area, but their are none without driving over an hour away and delivering at another hospital. My next appointment I'm scheduled to see a gay doctor. Now I don't have issues with you being gay, good for you! But I really don't want to go into labor and have my son delivered by a gay doctor! Just my preference! And chances are 1 in 10 that he will be the one to deliver. And I really don't feel comfortable with any of this! I don't feel comfortable not establishing a good connection with the doctor that will deliver my baby, or the fact that theirs a gay doctor that may have to look at my lady bits and deliver my son either. In the long run its not like I really have a choice, and have to put on my big girl panties and deal. But what's your opinions on this ladies, am I wrong for feeling this way? Or do you think I should have the choice to connect with my doctor of choice to deliver my son?
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM
18 moms liked this
Don't have them call your ob when I deliver and take your chances with the on call ob.

Weird not wanting a gay doc to deliver your kid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM
237 moms liked this
Wtf does being gay have to do with delivering babies?

How do you know he is gay?

Again, wtf does being gay have to do with delivering babies?
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM
27 moms liked this

You need to have a connection with your dr. I would drive that extra hour and go to another hospital to make sure I had the same dr. Having more than one dr during pregnancy you could have one dr tell you one thing to do and another dr tell you something totally different. There needs to be some consistency.

Amybelle
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM
68 moms liked this

homophobia comes in all shapes & sizes

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM
156 moms liked this

Believe me, they gay doctor doesn't give a crap about your woman parts.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't like it that I wouldn't have my own personal doctor.  I liked that I was able to have the same OB thoughout my pregnancy and delivery, in fact I had the same OB for my first 2 children.

pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Like I said I'm ok with anybody being gay, I would just prefer not to have a gay doctor all up in my lady bits at that moment. I would just rather it be a doctor of my choice, rather than somebody who's basically a perfect stranger. And my ob office was the ones who told me the doctor is gay. I guess as warning of what to expect.

Quoting happymommy1105: Wtf does being gay have to do with delivering babies?

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM
121 moms liked this
That doctor should sue his employer. His sexual orientation is absolutely none of your business.

A man I have never seen before or since delivered my first child. He was the doctor on call.

Quite frankly, I don't and didnt give two cents cause all I wanted was that baby out of me.

What are you worried about a gay doctor being in your lady bits for? Wouldn't a straight one be more likely to do something inappropriate to you?

You are weird...

Quoting pinklovesnore: Like I said I'm ok with anybody being gay, I would just prefer not to have a gay doctor all up in my lady bits at that moment. I would just rather it be a doctor of my choice, rather than somebody who's basically a perfect stranger. And my ob office was the ones who told me the doctor is gay. I guess as warning of what to expect.

pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok so I'm weird... You are right it's none of my business wither the doc is gay or not, it's not like I asked for the doctors sexual orientation.

I would prefer to have a positive delivery experience this time around, my first dd, with on call doctor actually called me a pu**y, because the pain was horrid! And I screamed for relief after pushing for so long! That was with a doc I have never once met!

I just want the care from one provider, and delivery experience with somebody I know a little more about other than their name. And preferably a doctor of my choice.

Quoting happymommy1105: That doctor should sue his employer. His sexual orientation is absolutely none of your business.

A man I have never seen before or since delivered my first child. He was the doctor on call.

Quite frankly, I don't and didnt give two cents cause all I wanted was that baby out of me.

What are you worried about a gay doctor being in your lady bits for? Wouldn't a straight one be more likely to do something inappropriate to you?

You are weird...

Quoting pinklovesnore: Like I said I'm ok with anybody being gay, I would just prefer not to have a gay doctor all up in my lady bits at that moment. I would just rather it be a doctor of my choice, rather than somebody who's basically a perfect stranger. And my ob office was the ones who told me the doctor is gay. I guess as warning of what to expect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)