Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child is allergic to milk or eggs....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
I just had my baby tested at his one year check up for food allergies ( I am extremely allergic to peanuts)

Thank God he scored zero on peanuts. But he scored a 1 on milk and a 3 on eggs.

The ped said its okay to give him milk to see what happens but to hold off on eggs. He said we will re test at his 18 mo check up.

If you have any info, experience, or advice with these allergies please share! Thanks
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I don't but here's a bump
mich2.0
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Almond milk is pretty good. Personally I would try yogurt and maybe cheese before milk. For eggs, applesauce is a good sub in a lot of baked goods. Did they test whites and yolk separately?
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I have one.dd who is lactose intolerant and has to take pills before she eats another dd is allergic to avacados and blood oranges. So for her we just don't have them in the house. Good luck its difficult.
smgremminger
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:11 AM
No
Love2HateMe
by Chris on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:47 AM

My son was allergic to milk and eggs.. milk we dont do at all, he drinks 1 pedia sure a day... eggs we found he cant eat an egg straight up (like fry it up wat no) but he cant eat it in baked goods...

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:50 AM
DS has issues digesting milk. It's not a biggie. He is fine with cheese (except goat cheese) and other things with milk in it but straight milk just ends up in an explosive mess. I give him almond and coconut milk instead. He really likes it and it is better for him anyways.
happyboy2
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM
My son is lactose intolerant. if he has regular milk he has bad diapers. But he eats yogurt and a little bit of cheese In my one recipe and is fine. I get my son lactaid with more calcium.
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:46 AM

my oldest dd is allergic to soy, I know its not the same as milk, but she get's an upset tummy with cramps when she eats ice cream, so perhaps its more of an intorance than an allergy.

PinkDino
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Almond milk is your best friend.  The taste is almost the same, just a little sweeter.

you can substitute applesauce in baked goods.  if it is just the egg white your kid is allergic too, you can separate the egg and still give them the yolk, but I would be sure to cook it very thoroughly.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:09 AM
He has had yogurt and cheese for quite some time now. Daily actually. And no symptoms. He has also had many things with egg in it ( he hates baby food)

I'm not sure about the egg testing. He told me to keep eggs away from him....both whites and yolks. He said " no scrambled eggs"

Quoting mich2.0: Almond milk is pretty good. Personally I would try yogurt and maybe cheese before milk. For eggs, applesauce is a good sub in a lot of baked goods. Did they test whites and yolk separately?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN