Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need Advice - teen sex

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 16 year old daughter told me she lost her virginity to her 18 year old boyfriend two weeks ago. I'm not thrilled obviously but she insists she's going to do it whether I like it or not. She's on the pill and he says he always carries condoms.
Last week I got a call from the school that they were caught naked in the back seat of his car parked in a remote lot. They are in huge trouble with the school over it. Then last night, she was late getting home and I found them parked behind a church.
Here's my question. They are obviously going to have sex but they have no safe place to do it. Should I let them do it in her room? I don't want to give them permission but I don't want them having to register as sex offenders if they get caught in a public area. Help!!
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe talk to your s/o about it and his parents and figure something out together.

Bisciutsmom40
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM
His mother hates my daughter and me. She never responds to any of my attempts to contact her.
korra2013
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM
11 moms liked this
I would have smacked her damn teeth out of her mouth. There is no way in hell i would allow my underage child to have sex in my home. If she is doing it at school then you need to change her schools. Do whatever it takes. If she insists then i would tell her either marry his ass and get out of my house or its boot camp.
momofcourse
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM
15 moms liked this

This is the stupidest post I have seen.  Don't want your 16 year old to have sex?  Don't give her the freedom to do it.  Aren't you the parent here?  Who cares if she hates you for it now, set boundaries and don't let her out of the house if you have to.  If they are caught somewhere like school, let them suffer the consequences from that and then pile more on yourself.  Damn, no wonder we have so many teen pregnancies.

kadensmomma0708
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Im not really sure how to respond to this.....Do you want them having sex in your house?  Do you have other kids? I know that would bother me, because it would be giving her permission.  DOes she know she can be a offender for it?  I just feel like if you are adult enough to have sex, you are adult enough to handle all the responsibilites that comes with it, like finding a place....that isnt a school parking lot.  Why wasnt she in school?  Does he go to school there, or has he graduated?  I would be pissed she left school to have sex, and got caught.   Your problem is you are too worried about being her friend, I would have had words with her and her boyfriend for gettin caught fuckin in the school parking lot.....Sigh. Best of luck though.

kadensmomma0708
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Totally agree...Parents care too much about being their kids friend.  She wouldnt be having sex in my house.  She seems to relaxed about her getting caught having sex in the school parking lot.  My mom and dad would have beat the shit out of me at school if I had done something that insane.

Quoting momofcourse:

This is the stupidest post I have seen.  Don't want your 16 year old to have sex?  Don't give her the freedom to do it.  Aren't you the parent here?  Who cares if she hates you for it now, set boundaries and don't let her out of the house if you have to.  If they are caught somewhere like school, let them suffer the consequences from that and then pile more on yourself.  Damn, no wonder we have so many teen pregnancies.

Bisciutsmom40
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Geez. Judgmental Much? She didn't kill anybody. If I had that attitude, she would definitely end up pregnant because she would be too afraid to tell me she needed birth control.
Bisciutsmom40
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM
It wasn't during school. She's in a play and they practice late into the evening. She was already grounded and he drove to the school and she left play rehearsal to see him. He is a senior at the same school.
I definitely don't want to give them permission but I guess see sex differently. It's a basic biological drive and if they're going to do it regardless of what anybody says, I don't want it to ruin their lives.

Quoting kadensmomma0708:

Im not really sure how to respond to this.....Do you want them having sex in your house?  Do you have other kids? I know that would bother me, because it would be giving her permission.  DOes she know she can be a offender for it?  I just feel like if you are adult enough to have sex, you are adult enough to handle all the responsibilites that comes with it, like finding a place....that isnt a school parking lot.  Why wasnt she in school?  Does he go to school there, or has he graduated?  I would be pissed she left school to have sex, and got caught.   Your problem is you are too worried about being her friend, I would have had words with her and her boyfriend for gettin caught fuckin in the school parking lot.....Sigh. Best of luck though.

kadensmomma0708
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep being her friend, youll regret it later.   Im not saying she cant have sex.  But it wouldnt be in my house, or the school parking lot.

Quoting Bisciutsmom40: Geez. Judgmental Much? She didn't kill anybody. If I had that attitude, she would definitely end up pregnant because she would be too afraid to tell me she needed birth control.

cat2919
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:03 PM
7 moms liked this
im going.to tell you to do what my mom shouldve. beat my butt!!!!!!!!!!!! yes every one is going to have sex its a natual thing but being arrogant about it like that is not ok. and at this rate they will have to register as sex offenders. remember youre a parent not a friend and that sometimes means being the "bad guy" in.your childs eyes. even though it wouldve made me mad now that im older i wish my wouldve been more of a mom and less of a friend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)