Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh! Power bills! Did yours sky rocket??

Posted by   + Show Post
My power bill more than doubled this month along with everyone else I know! It's so stressful! Did yours go up??
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM
What kind of heat do you have shoot?
flprincessmom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No thank god mine went down. But for 9 or 10 months out of the year it averages about $200, the most I have paid ever at any place I have rented. In NY or FL.....the AC unit is old but LL won't replace it.....
m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes mine went from 100 to 240 itll go back down in april
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We are on a budget plan, it's the same every month.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yup 17! Cant wait till she gets her own place. Im gonna visit her and leave her lights on all night so she can see the power bill lol. Glad i could make ya laugh :)

Quoting kadensmomma0708:
Quoting DallasCowboys81: Ours is always up. We have a dd petrified of the dark and turns her light on at night when she thinks we are asleep. Even tho she has a nightlight in every outlet in her room. So if it did go up well we wouldn't notice. Lol bad thing is she is 17. Lol

Haha. Thank You for this!  I have been having a pretty crappy day, and then I read this.  My son does the same thing, and it drives me nuts! He is only two, and I tried putting night lights in his room, or the push led lights to light the room, so he wouldnt turn the light on all night.  He would just unplug the night lights, or stand on things until he got the led lights off the wall, SIGH.  So when you said she was 17, I pictured him with the same little face, on an adult body holding his car's blanket crying about the dark :)

Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM
We try to be on a budget plan on everything! But we just moved here and did not know really how our heating would be. We have never had a bill so high.
katallison
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours almost tripled! Boo! Lol but it's usually only around $40-$50. It went up to $130.
divadeb51
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have oil heat-so my electric bill actually went down almost $70 this past month-I was thrilled!!!

abecee
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We had a significant increase on January's bill.

midnightstar21
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)