Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh! Power bills! Did yours sky rocket??

Posted by   + Show Post
My power bill more than doubled this month along with everyone else I know! It's so stressful! Did yours go up??
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Our power bill is always around $80, year round. Our natural gas bill went up to $40. Our old house the power bill would go up to almost $500 from $150 when it got really cold. Thank goodness for our new energy efficient house! :)
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, my heating bill doubled. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

the electric bill was crazy last month not sure about the gas.

Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I know its awful I don't know how everyone is going to handle the increase. My mom was telling me a lady that lives in the same area as her her bill was 800.00. That nuts!!
Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:43 PM

BUMP!

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My heat is gas & our bill is $140.

Our last house was kerosene & that was almost $4000 to heat for the winter. Leaving the thermostat set on 60. It was so expensive!!!
Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Wow that's crazy!!!
gingermommy86
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Back at the end of November we had our heating system replaced with a new one with a heat pump. They told us that it would be cheaper on our bill with the heat pump.. well the old unit was too small for our house so they put in a bigger one.. so when we got December electric bill. . We were floored it went from maybe around 100$ to almost a 300$ bill.. so we figured maybe it was working the kinks out.. nope got this bill 271$.. we keep it on 70 and never touch it. Sigh can't wait for spring..
BibliophileMom
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
it went up slightly because of the cold but we use pellet stove heat and electric heat as a buffer
Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I am so sorry ginger. We are looking at having to get another hvac unit in this house we just bought too! I am not looking forward to that!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)