Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh! Power bills! Did yours sky rocket??

Posted by   + Show Post
My power bill more than doubled this month along with everyone else I know! It's so stressful! Did yours go up??
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Replies (51-60):
Shayef
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM
What is pellet stove heat? I can't say I have err heard of it.
tiarra7022
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

We are on budget billing and tend to keep as many lights off and the heat turned down so no but im sure when they adjust it  it will go up. 

mcbeevee
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It did but not as much I had expected. We had really cold weather so I was expecting it to be higher. The first bill after Christmas is generally higher due to Christmas lights, too.

mcbeevee
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Try to be understanding. I had the same issue until I got married. I was molested as a child and I think that has a lot to do with it. I still hate being alone at night and will leave a light on if I am. One light bulb isn't going to raise your power bill more than a few cents if it burns day and night.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Ours is always up. We have a dd petrified of the dark and turns her light on at night when she thinks we are asleep. Even tho she has a nightlight in every outlet in her room. So if it did go up well we wouldn't notice. Lol bad thing is she is 17. Lol

Shayef
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM

BUMP!

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No mine didn't. But you can go on what they call a level pay plan. The figure out what you pay each month add them together and divide by 12 and you pay that amount every month. No increases. Also, sit down some evening and write down every single thing that is plugged in your house. Refrigerator, microwave, cell phone charger, porch lights, bathroom night lights, computer, tv, radio, computer games, anything and everything that is plugged in. You will be surprised how much you have plugged in. Also check your furnace or air conditioner and make sure the filters are cleaned out so it runs more efficiently. I discovered I had 21 things plugged in in my house, including clocks, etc.. I started shutting off about half of them at night or when I want to work. Saved a lot of money. Don't forget to check the attic, basement and garage.
Shayef
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Thanks for the info and advice trainlady!!
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, ours was the highest ever. We have even monthly payment, but we'll be paying a larger bill sometime in the next few months to catch up- the payment will increase since this month was so expensive.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!! Ours is usually around $125 and this last month it was almost $300... It was HORRIBLE!! We are on a really tight budget and THAT about killed us... I don't even wanna see this months after last months -45 degree nights!!

Shayef
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I know its so bad ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)