Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not pregnant but was just reminiscing when I was with my daughter a couple years ago. I had the smoothest pregnancy ever and for the most part was textbook. I had the implantation bleeding. Then I got the first trimester morning sickness but only nausea and no vomitting. Got the typical aches and pains as I got bigger but nothing god awful. Lastly, my water broke on the exact date I was estimated to deliver, and lo and behold - I had my daughter that same night.

Was your pregnancy textbook?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Angel89411
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Nope. Neither one was and I'm done. I love my children dearly and thank God for them.  But I am so over morning sickness, aches, pains, sleeplessness, and inductions. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Nope. My first I had bronchitis combined with the morning sickness and was sick as all get out until halfway through the pregnancy. Right when it let up I went into pre-term labor and while it didn't end up progressing all the way they never could fully stop the contractions so I had oh so wonderful contractions for the last half of the pregnancy that hurt like anything and was on partial bedrest. When I went into the hospital when I was in labor all the rooms were full so I labored for 20 minutes in the circ room and then delivered her in the OR room. She got stuck on a lip on my cervix so I had to push for a couple hours. My water broke a hour and a half into it.

My second was a breeze compared to my first. No sickness or anything like that. But I did get the contractions again-this time starting a month earlier than my first. :-\ Labor was significantly shorter (by 9 hours) and she was delivered in the car by my husband. My water didn't break until the final push.

My third I was so sick for a little over the first trimester. I could barely move. Then the contractions started again-although that's old hat now. :-P I didn't even bother telling my obs about it. Lol! My back has always been bad but this pregnancy it tore up my back and I was in so much pain from it. Zumba helped a little bit but not a lot. Labor was pretty short again although a little longer than my second so he was born 10 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. My water actually broke that time at the start of labor but he came out too fast to have it squeezed out in the birth canal so he had a lot of fluid in his lungs. He turned blue when nursing so we had to stay for a little bit longer than usual to make sure that was all it was.

I would LOVE a textbook pregnancy!! Lol!!

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Not even close...with my first, I had uncontrolled GD and a stillborn at 36 weeks...

My 2nd child was adopted- very long journey that was mentally, physically, and emotionally draining

Our 3rd was a shock after 12 years of marriage. I was on complete bed rest from 6 weeks until 34 weeks when I had a repeat c-section. I had hypertension, GD that was not able to be controlled even on insulin, and Pre-E as well as a history of late term stillbirth...it pretty much sucked the big one which is why I had my tubes tied when Karli was born 5 years ago. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM

My pregnancy was completely textbook. If I was the one that wrote it.

*giggles*

None of mine were what people call text book. 

CPatt0708
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM
My pregnancy was, but not the delivery
alliweben
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM

First  pregnancy began before we were married!  Some might say that's not textbook, I guess! (We were officially engaged and had set a date that we changed.)   Other than that it went well.  With the second, I had more nausea in the first trimester.  Neither birth was on the exact predicted date, but within a few days.  

kadensmomma0708
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Nope.  I never had implantation bleeding, or morning sickness.  I could wat anything that wasnt tomato based (sauces, ketchup, ect) but could eat tomatoes.  I gained 13lbs, even though I wasnt overweight to begin with, I was 140 when I got pregnant.  I had two different due dates, a week apart.  My german midwife said 7/14 and my american midwife said 7/8...he came on 7/8.  I was never exhausted before or after baby.  No stretch marks, or pain during pregnancy.  It was awesome, I worked full time and walked 4 miles a day.  I felt like a million bucks.  I went into labor by myself at 1130 and my son was born at 1356.  I also has zero pain during labor, I just was uncomfortable.  And I went shopping the day after I was relased, with my son of course, because my husand was on rnr from Afghanistan, and none of the clothes I brought from Germany fit him, he had lost a decent bit of weight,  He tried convincing me to sit home and rest, but I was so bored with sitting in the hospital I wanted to go do something.  And my son latched with no problems....he really made me think pregnancy was amazing

My daughter....AWFUL....my placenta abrupted, she was laying on one of my kidneys to the point were it almost exploded.  I was always feeling sick, never puked, same thing with the tomatoes, though.  Gained 60 fucking pounds, even though I ate tons of fruit and veggies, when I could eat. smh.   Dizzy all the time, in constant pain.  had to be induced because I wasnt getting enugh oxygen, then ended up with an emergency csection because her heart stopped.  However, I recovered fine, and never took pain meds.  Was playing roughly with my son with in a week.  I had PPD something serious, too.  But I did loose that 60 pounds plus an additonal 20 within a week after birth!  Small acomplishments!  And she was the worst breast feeder ever,  At one point we had to drop milk into her mouth with a dropper because she hated bottles too.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Nope i had two c seations my 1st the blood pressure was high and his heartbeat droppes and was a emerg and 2 i peft a repeat c seations..
TheMommaJessie
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM

wasn't textbook with my son at all had implantation bleeding and spotted any time I did a lot of walking or moving around, puked for 4 months straight and  at 27 weeks we discovered I had severe preeclampsia, my blood pressure was through the roof ect. Had to have him emergancy c-section, I was in the hospital 2 weeks (they hit my spinal sack when trying to do a spinal block & messed my back up so they had to do a blood patch because of spinal headachs) he was in the NICU for 2 months. as for my daughter i had no implantation bleeding, puked for 4 months, was on 2 anti-nausea meds and the anti-nausea suckers, no aches and pains as i got bigger and had to have a repeat c-section

Xstitchinmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Nio...I went through preterm labor with both kids in my seventh month. One was born on the due date and the other came two weeks early. Plus, my water never broke with either one. The umbilical cord was wrapped around dd's neck twice. and she was purple but they got it off quickly. In addition, she was tested for spinal meningitis the next day but everything turned out fine. Ds stopped breathing a few times and turned bluish gray while breast feeding the first two days in the hospital. He had excess fluid in his lungs because he was a little early. I suffered a reaction to the epidural...shaking chills and intense itching from head to toe for a day after ds's birth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)