Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not pregnant but was just reminiscing when I was with my daughter a couple years ago. I had the smoothest pregnancy ever and for the most part was textbook. I had the implantation bleeding. Then I got the first trimester morning sickness but only nausea and no vomitting. Got the typical aches and pains as I got bigger but nothing god awful. Lastly, my water broke on the exact date I was estimated to deliver, and lo and behold - I had my daughter that same night.

Was your pregnancy textbook?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM

It was, except for the morning sickness. 3 pregnancies, never sick once. And my longest labor was 2 1/2 hours. Go ahead and hate me, lol.

pepsichick1825
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM

it was for the most part.. no morning sickness, i had the aches and pains along with heartburn but that was it.. until i was closer to the end i got huge and i also ended up getting high blood pressure and protein at 27 weeks so i was watched closely.. i made it 37 weeks to the day on valentines day i had my baby boy.. no idea i was in labor i had back pain not knowing it was back labor for 24 hrs.. then came baby boy at 830 at night :)

Brittanyo
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Sorry for your loss :( I can't imagine the pain of a still born I am 39 weeks today and that's my biggest fear I also have gb this time uncontrolled :/

Quoting mcginnisc:

Not even close...with my first, I had uncontrolled GD and a stillborn at 36 weeks...

My 2nd child was adopted- very long journey that was mentally, physically, and emotionally draining

Our 3rd was a shock after 12 years of marriage. I was on complete bed rest from 6 weeks until 34 weeks when I had a repeat c-section. I had hypertension, GD that was not able to be controlled even on insulin, and Pre-E as well as a history of late term stillbirth...it pretty much sucked the big one which is why I had my tubes tied when Karli was born 5 years ago. 

ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM

yea pretty much all 4 of them. My doctor loved my appointments lol.

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:28 PM
None of my pregnancies were. I had problems in all 3 of them.
UncertainHopefl
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Not really, I mean, in the beginning it was, I got implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating ect. But I had to be put on blood thinners, lovenox, and then heparin for the last 5 months of my pregnancy.

I had to give myself injections 3x a day...:( it sucked.

And I didn't have a choice about the epidural, I had to go without.

My Dd was one day over due lol

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I had GD with my youngest and strep b with my middle and youngest. Other than that, it went really well.
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Yes, no, no, and no lol
Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM

My doctor wrote a paper about my pregnancies. does that count?

Alison82
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Not the first few months for either pregnancy. I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum. AKA extreme nausea. Nothing textbook about that. I had really high blood pressure in my third trimesters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)