Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not pregnant but was just reminiscing when I was with my daughter a couple years ago. I had the smoothest pregnancy ever and for the most part was textbook. I had the implantation bleeding. Then I got the first trimester morning sickness but only nausea and no vomitting. Got the typical aches and pains as I got bigger but nothing god awful. Lastly, my water broke on the exact date I was estimated to deliver, and lo and behold - I had my daughter that same night.

Was your pregnancy textbook?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kspencer11
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM

If my husband and I decide to have a third baby, I have to go on Lovenox right away. It worries me about. How did you handle it? Where did the doctor have you enject yourself at?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

Not really, I mean, in the beginning it was, I got implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating ect. But I had to be put on blood thinners, lovenox, and then heparin for the last 5 months of my pregnancy.

I had to give myself injections 3x a day...:( it sucked.

And I didn't have a choice about the epidural, I had to go without.

My Dd was one day over due lol

Kspencer11
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Yes and no. Some nausea, but no implantation bleeding. With my first, I hardly even felt pregnant. Only time I would get sick is if I drank anything red. Easy labor and birth. My second i had more nausea, some cramping, bruised ribs, ect.. Hard time giving birth. Her heart beat kept going up, then dropping. She was getting stressed. Some reason my on call OB had me deliver her on my left side.

momamint
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM

If by textbook you mean.. depression throughout, sickness (morning, noon and night), and having my vagina ripped then hell yeah sure it was textbook -_-

Robin-Christine
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM

No,I was high risk,I had preterm labor starting at 5 months,was hospitalized from 5.5  to 6.5 months along,I had an infection that could not be found,could not eat(I was tube fed thru IV) had an appendectomy,had seizures throughtout(I have epilepsey) and was induced at 36 weeks.  The labor/delivery went fine,I had one hot spot even though I had an epi where I could feel almost everything

doulala
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:31 PM

No, I had PROM and delivered 40-43 weeks along.    Those weren't things I had anticipated.

;-)

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

lol, neither of mine were.  

UncertainHopefl
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:58 AM

The doctor never told me an exact spot. She said it was best to do it in my stomach, but I wasn't comfortable doing that, so she said to do it where there is a lot of fat lol.

That would be in my thigh area or my butt eh.

So I did the butt ones. At first they hurt like Hello! But then I switched to my thighs after running out of room on my butt.

Heparin is way more painful.

Quoting Kspencer11:

If my husband and I decide to have a third baby, I have to go on Lovenox right away. It worries me about. How did you handle it? Where did the doctor have you enject yourself at?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

Not really, I mean, in the beginning it was, I got implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating ect. But I had to be put on blood thinners, lovenox, and then heparin for the last 5 months of my pregnancy.

I had to give myself injections 3x a day...:( it sucked.

And I didn't have a choice about the epidural, I had to go without.

My Dd was one day over due lol

sweetsavannah10
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM

lol oh no

alyciaarias
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I had to get a blood draw every month. (i had 2miscarriages before my baby was born) I was sick all the time. Had to be on meds. Got induced and doc had to break my water. Labor was only about 5 hours so that wasn't to bad. I was so uncomfy and mean. I love my baby but don't want to go threw it again. Oh almost forgot I gained 47lbs
Sammie0402
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
My pregnancy was awful! Oh my! I found out I was pregnant early on- like I was only two weeks. By 4 weeks I was sick as a dog! I was vomiting morning, day and night! So bad I had to go to the hospital almost every week to get IV's because I was dehydrated. I would eve throw up water. It was the worst thing ever, no joke. I took zofran almost my whole pregnancy because it was the only way I could keep fluids down and get nutrients to my baby. Hubby and I want to get pregnant again but I am scared to death to go through such a terrible pregnancy. My son is amazing and I know it's worth it but I'm really just not ready to be that sick again :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)