Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not pregnant but was just reminiscing when I was with my daughter a couple years ago. I had the smoothest pregnancy ever and for the most part was textbook. I had the implantation bleeding. Then I got the first trimester morning sickness but only nausea and no vomitting. Got the typical aches and pains as I got bigger but nothing god awful. Lastly, my water broke on the exact date I was estimated to deliver, and lo and behold - I had my daughter that same night.

Was your pregnancy textbook?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Replies (41-46):
Sammie0402
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Oh and delivery wasn't much better. I had to be induced 5 weeks early because I had sky high blood pressure. I was in labor 48 hours! Man, I'm really feeling sorry for me right now lol. I didn't gain weight either, I lost 27 pounds because I was so sick the whole time.

Quoting Sammie0402: My pregnancy was awful! Oh my! I found out I was pregnant early on- like I was only two weeks. By 4 weeks I was sick as a dog! I was vomiting morning, day and night! So bad I had to go to the hospital almost every week to get IV's because I was dehydrated. I would eve throw up water. It was the worst thing ever, no joke. I took zofran almost my whole pregnancy because it was the only way I could keep fluids down and get nutrients to my baby. Hubby and I want to get pregnant again but I am scared to death to go through such a terrible pregnancy. My son is amazing and I know it's worth it but I'm really just not ready to be that sick again :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Femommy
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:24 PM

My DD was..... But DS on the other hand wasn't. I miscarried before him and I spotted a lot at the beginning I was so worried I was going to loose him too. I think around 19 wks all spotting stopped. Then my belly kept growing and growing. I'm a small framed person so there was no hiding. Not that I was trying. Well from 6ms on I was so miserable. My belly at 6ms looked like 9ms and I couldn't sleep, was so  uncomfortable, was tired all the time, and my feet swelled. two weeks before I was due. I begged my OB to induce. He did an ultrasound to make sure everything was good but it wasn't. I lost a lot of fluid and had to be induced that night. I was thinking awesome but nervous at the same time hoping my baby boy would be ok. I had no problems during labor and he came out 9lbs and 22 1/2 inches long. Big boy and I was only 126lbs. Had him all natural and no epidural. About two hours later I had lost so much blood after I told several nurses time after time I was bleeding too much that I blacked out. I can remember trying to force myself from the bathroom back to my bed and trying to stay awake. I could hear myself talking to myself and then I woke up. They had put that stuff under my nose. Not sure name but it was to wake me back up. This was the scariest time of my life. I stayed an extra night and had only minor problems for two or three weeks.

Come Join Confessions of a Mom-a-holic
A New CafeMom Group
FeMommy
crazymom21
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM
From start to finish only with my second child. Birth was always interesting lol.
Kspencer11
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM

It's so painful. I hate shots. Lol. I don't like bruising that lags behind. How long did she have you on the shots? My doctor told me it would be from the beginning until 1 week before my due date, and then back on after the baby would be born for the next 3 months.

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

The doctor never told me an exact spot. She said it was best to do it in my stomach, but I wasn't comfortable doing that, so she said to do it where there is a lot of fat lol.

That would be in my thigh area or my butt eh.

So I did the butt ones. At first they hurt like Hello! But then I switched to my thighs after running out of room on my butt.

Heparin is way more painful.

Quoting Kspencer11:

If my husband and I decide to have a third baby, I have to go on Lovenox right away. It worries me about. How did you handle it? Where did the doctor have you enject yourself at?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

Not really, I mean, in the beginning it was, I got implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating ect. But I had to be put on blood thinners, lovenox, and then heparin for the last 5 months of my pregnancy.

I had to give myself injections 3x a day...:( it sucked.

And I didn't have a choice about the epidural, I had to go without.

My Dd was one day over due lol

Kelid805
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
My pregnancy was amazing. No sickness, no pain-nothing. The only hard part was carrying the weight towards the end because I'm super small & my daughter was almost 9 lbs!!
UncertainHopefl
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM

It was after I was 20 weeks, and I took my shot up until on the day I gave birth, which stopped me from being able to have any epidural, or anything like that.

And then they gave it to me in the hospital after birth, and I had to take the shots 3-6 weeks after she was born.

I hated that!

I'm afraid of needles.

Quoting Kspencer11:

It's so painful. I hate shots. Lol. I don't like bruising that lags behind. How long did she have you on the shots? My doctor told me it would be from the beginning until 1 week before my due date, and then back on after the baby would be born for the next 3 months.

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

The doctor never told me an exact spot. She said it was best to do it in my stomach, but I wasn't comfortable doing that, so she said to do it where there is a lot of fat lol.

That would be in my thigh area or my butt eh.

So I did the butt ones. At first they hurt like Hello! But then I switched to my thighs after running out of room on my butt.

Heparin is way more painful.

Quoting Kspencer11:

If my husband and I decide to have a third baby, I have to go on Lovenox right away. It worries me about. How did you handle it? Where did the doctor have you enject yourself at?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

Not really, I mean, in the beginning it was, I got implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating ect. But I had to be put on blood thinners, lovenox, and then heparin for the last 5 months of my pregnancy.

I had to give myself injections 3x a day...:( it sucked.

And I didn't have a choice about the epidural, I had to go without.

My Dd was one day over due lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN