Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think it exists? I do. My husband said the first day he saw me he was going to marry me. He was standing with his best friend and saw me accross a large room. He told his friend see that girl I am going to marry her.

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
Texas.Mama
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM
I fell in love with my husband within a month of seeing him and so did he, we both knew early on we were going to get married and we were only juniors in high school. :)
anon1986East
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I've never experienced it for myself but I've known couples who said they knew either right away or soon after they began dating that they had met "the one". My best friend and his wife eloped less than a month after they met. They've now been married for 8 years, they have a 3 year old son and 5 month old daughter. 

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I know it exists. It happened to me. I miss him every minute of everyday.
erica19791
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM
I believe in it e cause it happened to me. I saw my now husband and went home and wrote in my journal that night that I had met the man I was going to marry. I was 14 at the time. We've been together 20 years and happily married for 16.
Pnukey
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I do believe in it, but that is not what happened with DH.

Sbellemommy
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Yep. I knew I was going to marry my husband the first date. Buuuut... Now were getting divorced so... Yeah...
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I believe in attraction at first sight... love... real love takes time to grow.

Halfdeafmommy
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM

That is adorable! I have no experience it but I do believe it could happen!:)

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I think that's awesome. I believe in it.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: Sure, I loved both my kids before ever even seeing them. And my cat I loved at first sight. Lol.

My fiance and I met in first grade and went to school together our whole lives. We were never in the same social circles and never hung out despite being one street down from each other. We reconnected after high school and became best friends. We believed we had no feelings for each other, until I started dating someone else and then we both realized, super slowly, that what we really wanted was each other. And we started dating 3 years ago.

That's awesome. I love how you knew each other for so many years. To me it sounds, like you will be together forever, when you get married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN