Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you drink in place of caffeine while pregnant??

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi laides, I am 27 weeks pregnant, and have been craving caffeine (I think) for the last few days.

I don't even drink caffiene not pregnant, it makes me jittery.  But for some reason I feel like I WANT something, like a Mt Dew or a giant iced coffee! (I dont even like coffee!) I can't take it anymore and I have to fulfill my craving! LOL

What do you do to fullfill caffeine cravings during preg? or do you have them??

EDIT: sry i forgot I before E except after C.....don't judge my spelling ;)

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I've always just had the caffeine. Here's a bump!
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I didn't cut caffeine completely out.  I still had a soda or cappuccino once in a while. 

mom2hailey08
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM
still drink caffeine..im 18 weeks.
yellow14
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM
You can have caffeine just not a lot of it
Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I just have caffeine. If it worries you I would suggest you look up a chart of drinks and their caffeine content so maybe you could satisfy your craving without having too much. Especially if it makes you jittery.

dblhlx
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant. My dr said I can have 2 12oz cans of soda a day. Or a cup of coffee and 1 can of soda. As long as you drink it in moderation its fine.
TheMommaJessie
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I drank caffeine all the time when I was pregnant with both my kids. My OBGYN actually said since I drink it even when I am not pregnant that it would could possibly do harm to the baby to stop or cut back since my body is so use to it and I could drink all I wanted UNLESS I started getting jittery or noticed the baby was getting way more active then normal.

lesalmi
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Same here.

But if you dont generally drink it, everything is fine in moderation. If you want a dew, go for it. Just dont drink a 2liter or a 12pk

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

I drank caffeine all the time when I was pregnant with both my kids. My OBGYN actually said since I drink it even when I am not pregnant that it would could possibly do harm to the baby to stop or cut back since my body is so use to it and I could drink all I wanted UNLESS I started getting jittery or noticed the baby was getting way more active then normal.

jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I didn't cut out caffeine.
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM
I drank caffeine. If you're only having a cup of coffee a day or, in your case, not even that much, there's nothing wrong with it. I drank caffeine through my entire pregnancy and it really pissed me off when my coworkers tried to give me things like Sierra mist instead of Pepsi. If you want a soda, have a soda. It won't hurt anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)