Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  How are you doing?  What are your plans for this weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

how are you

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page. 

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Replies (181-189):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

It does sound like a combo of things, but you're right, I'm thinking the nursing is part of her waking.  Does she eat anything solid before you put her down for the night?  If not, you might try some cereal or something before bed just to help keep her belly full a little longer.

Quoting Kkleigh12:

No not sick, and we keep a petty regular routine. Plus the night waking seems to have gotten worse the older she has gotten. She slept great as a baby. Which she did sleep in a nap nanny (it let her sleep inclined which was wonderful because she had such a gas problem) until she was about 8 months old. At first I figured that was why she was waking I changed where she slept. But she should have adapted to the new sleeping arrangements by now. No I don't do the cry it out method.  I do let her whine, cry for a little while because sometimes she will go back to sleep. She is still nursing and I think that may be a big part of it too, comfort.  I try not to nurse her every time she wakes up. So sometimes it is my fault because to be honest at 4am with weeks of no sleep I do what I have to to get a little rest. Thankfully she slept better last night...only woke 3 times. I have considered night terrors because sometimes she screams awful. Maybe a combo of a lot I dunno. 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Has she been sick or has her routine been changed in any way the last few months?  Have you tried letting her cry it out to go back to sleep or do you think she might be having night terrors (my oldest had them at that age)?

Quoting Kkleigh12:

HELP! My 14 month old daughter doesn't sleep. She used to sleep vey well at night, but starting at about 9 months she just started waking more. I thought it was a phase, but I was wrong. On average from 8pm-8am she wakes 4-6 times. Some nights it is all night, like every hour. A good nights sleep she is still waking around 3 times a night. Sometimes she just wakes, other times she wakes up screaming. When will she ever sleep though the night again. 

maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Quoting jconney80: Where do you live at? We have 5" of snow and ice on the ground here! More snow coming Sunday. I'm in Ohio  

Quoting maryBlanche:

I am happy to see the rain. Everything here has been so dry and fire risky. No plans for the weekend. I may make some soup; sounds good in this weather.

I am in California.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Nice! I'm ready to move there lol!

Quoting maryBlanche:

Quoting jconney80: Where do you live at? We have 5" of snow and ice on the ground here! More snow coming Sunday. I'm in Ohio  

Quoting maryBlanche:

I am happy to see the rain. Everything here has been so dry and fire risky. No plans for the weekend. I may make some soup; sounds good in this weather.

I am in California.

genevievett
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM

hey everyone. im a newcomer. i do have a question. does anyone have some tips on how to get my 8 month old son to sit up? ive already tried sitting him inbetween my legs. i have a chair that helps him sit up but ofcourse its not workig. he knows how to roll and he know how to hold himself up with his hands. the doctor said if he doesnt sit up by feb. 26 than hell be concidered "under developed". im nervous that hell have to see therapist

Kkleigh12
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Oh yes she eats solids all day, and usually has a snack before bed. In fact just just ate a quacker cereal bar and is now finishing off a fruit and yogurt pouch. She's a tiny little piggy lol. But truly I think it is the combo. A light sleeper, gas issues, possible night terrors sometimes since it's a death scream, but mainly the nursing. I'm hoping when she is fully weaned she may sleep better. She nurses either none or once a day. If she does during the day it's close to nap time. Really she is weaned except for at bedtime, and she just doesn't seem ready to give up her bedtime feeding. I've let her wean at her own pace so maybe she will give that one up next few months. I'm a first time mom so this is all new to me. Thanks for the advice!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

It does sound like a combo of things, but you're right, I'm thinking the nursing is part of her waking.  Does she eat anything solid before you put her down for the night?  If not, you might try some cereal or something before bed just to help keep her belly full a little longer.

Quoting Kkleigh12:

No not sick, and we keep a petty regular routine. Plus the night waking seems to have gotten worse the older she has gotten. She slept great as a baby. Which she did sleep in a nap nanny (it let her sleep inclined which was wonderful because she had such a gas problem) until she was about 8 months old. At first I figured that was why she was waking I changed where she slept. But she should have adapted to the new sleeping arrangements by now. No I don't do the cry it out method.  I do let her whine, cry for a little while because sometimes she will go back to sleep. She is still nursing and I think that may be a big part of it too, comfort.  I try not to nurse her every time she wakes up. So sometimes it is my fault because to be honest at 4am with weeks of no sleep I do what I have to to get a little rest. Thankfully she slept better last night...only woke 3 times. I have considered night terrors because sometimes she screams awful. Maybe a combo of a lot I dunno. 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Has she been sick or has her routine been changed in any way the last few months?  Have you tried letting her cry it out to go back to sleep or do you think she might be having night terrors (my oldest had them at that age)?

Quoting Kkleigh12:

HELP! My 14 month old daughter doesn't sleep. She used to sleep vey well at night, but starting at about 9 months she just started waking more. I thought it was a phase, but I was wrong. On average from 8pm-8am she wakes 4-6 times. Some nights it is all night, like every hour. A good nights sleep she is still waking around 3 times a night. Sometimes she just wakes, other times she wakes up screaming. When will she ever sleep though the night again. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I think just keep doing what you're doing.  It sounds to me like he's moving along at his own pace.

Quoting genevievett:

hey everyone. im a newcomer. i do have a question. does anyone have some tips on how to get my 8 month old son to sit up? ive already tried sitting him inbetween my legs. i have a chair that helps him sit up but ofcourse its not workig. he knows how to roll and he know how to hold himself up with his hands. the doctor said if he doesnt sit up by feb. 26 than hell be concidered "under developed". im nervous that hell have to see therapist

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Well, she sounds quite perfect to me!  :)

Quoting Kkleigh12:

Oh yes she eats solids all day, and usually has a snack before bed. In fact just just ate a quacker cereal bar and is now finishing off a fruit and yogurt pouch. She's a tiny little piggy lol. But truly I think it is the combo. A light sleeper, gas issues, possible night terrors sometimes since it's a death scream, but mainly the nursing. I'm hoping when she is fully weaned she may sleep better. She nurses either none or once a day. If she does during the day it's close to nap time. Really she is weaned except for at bedtime, and she just doesn't seem ready to give up her bedtime feeding. I've let her wean at her own pace so maybe she will give that one up next few months. I'm a first time mom so this is all new to me. Thanks for the advice!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting Kkleigh12:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting Kkleigh12:

onlychildmom191
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nantucket Grey and Blue Danube by Ben Moore.  We are all about color in our house. :)

HisMrs2
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
He's behaving now :) thanks !!

Quoting hugss:

Aww .. tell him to behave :)

Quoting HisMrs2: Good afternoon!

I am in the car on the way to my doctor appointment and my fiancé is acting real

s t a n k !

How am I feeling? Like I want to smack him, but he's driving so that wouldn't be safe !

How us everyone else doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN