Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  How are you doing?  What are your plans for this weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

how are you

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page. 

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Relaxing sounds really good right now. Are you going to read or watch movies or something like that?

Quoting charleyangel317:

Not much here just working as usual. Going to relax when I get home though.

booknerd84
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Yeah, that's when I had to help out with homework the most - soooo not fun, lol. Bleh, the wintry mix is the worst, too, I think, since it's stupidly cold and everything's slippery wet, nothing fun to play in. A friend of mine said she wants to hit the beach, but the beaches are even frigid right now, lol, so that's no help. I think we should all go south of the equator and find a hot spot someplace to warm up, what do you think? LOL

Quoting booknerd84:
Quoting Cafe Steph:

Ugh, I dislike homework time, lol, or I used to, anyway, before they got to the point where they almost never need my help anymore. How old are your kids?

I hate the gray and dull days, and that's a big temperature swing. Are y'all expecting snow again?

My son is 7 and in the first grade and my daughter is 8 and is in third grade! The weather man said we could have wintery mix tomorrow night and Sunday night. I'm so sick of winter!!

lol I agree we should just all pack up and head way south!!

charleyangel317
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

No. I work on my crafts in the evenings while watching tv with dh and the kids.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Relaxing sounds really good right now. Are you going to read or watch movies or something like that?

Quoting charleyangel317:

Not much here just working as usual. Going to relax when I get home though.

BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I've made dinner every night this week so far. Fiancé is working late tonight so I think it's gonna be a pizza delivery kind of night.....which means I'll be getting bacon and cheese pizza from Papa Johns! ;)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

breakfastBacon is good stuff! I'm thinking of doing breakfast for dinner, but the only thing I have in the house is eggs, lol. I have to run out to the store to get something and I really don't feel like it. What are you planning for dinner tonight? Will you be able to fulfill your bacon desires soon? lol

Quoting BethanyMel:

Bacon. I'm craving bacon. And no, I'm not pregnant!!!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Lets see. We have a huge snow storm heading our way, school districts are closing before it even hits. We are always by passed with the snoe systems. For some reason it just alwayd misses our town, and makes me mad. I miss the snow and the snow thats falling is the snow im used to. Ugh. Annoyed cuz i know we wont get it. Just the cold and wind that comes woth it :(
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM

At this rate, we'd have to go waaaaaaaaaay south to find warmth, lol.

Quoting booknerd84:
Quoting Cafe Steph:

Yeah, that's when I had to help out with homework the most - soooo not fun, lol. Bleh, the wintry mix is the worst, too, I think, since it's stupidly cold and everything's slippery wet, nothing fun to play in. A friend of mine said she wants to hit the beach, but the beaches are even frigid right now, lol, so that's no help. I think we should all go south of the equator and find a hot spot someplace to warm up, what do you think? LOL

lol I agree we should just all pack up and head way south!!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Oh, that sounds like fun! I've been in a crafty mood lately but haven't managed to do much other than apply hounds tooth to a wooden "N" for my front door. What crafts are you working on?

Quoting charleyangel317:

Quoting Cafe Steph:

BET101
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Sounds like a good weekend to curl up with a good book?

As for dinner, I'm thinking of doing breakfast for dinner, but since it means picking something up and I feel cruddy, I'm going to ask hubby to just grab something on his way home. What do you have on hand, though? You could do something with pasta, always a crowd favorite here?

Quoting BET101:

Hi all!! 

Not much going on for us this weekend, no kids so I am sure BF will pick up a few jobs.  Trying to come up with something good for dinner tonight ... any suggestions?

charleyangel317
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I do plastic canvas mainly. I had to fill a couple of orders and last night but am working on some things for an upcoming vendor event at the end of March.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oh, that sounds like fun! I've been in a crafty mood lately but haven't managed to do much other than apply hounds tooth to a wooden "N" for my front door. What crafts are you working on?

Quoting charleyangel317:

Quoting Cafe Steph:

BET101
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Absolutely nothing on hand so I will have to stop on the way home from work... breakfast for dinner good for me, bad for him LOL .. I am thinking maybe Pork fried rice or creamy chickien.  Just bored with the same old same old ya know? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)