Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Replies (101-105):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I should have thought of this for a home business when I was a sahm! most sahm moms on my street dont cook. their husbands do the cooking. mine does too now but that was a recent switch over the past few yrs because he gets home earlier than me.

Quoting maryhen:

I dint cook because I suck at it, We usually make a list of what we all like every week and give it to our lovely neighbor who cooks for us, she charges per meal so we usually order the same for the three of us. 

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Quoting jaxons_mama: Eat what I cook. But Im not going to fix things I know he won't eat.

I do agree,however I was lucky in that my son, was never a picky eater.

jaxons_mama
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Same here. He will usually try anything. Except beans. He won't eat any beans unless they are cooked in somthing. He loves cowboy beans and taco soup.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting jaxons_mama: Eat what I cook. But Im not going to fix things I know he won't eat.

I do agree,however I was lucky in that my son, was never a picky eater.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:29 AM
If she tries it and doesn't like it then I'll make her something else. If she doesn't try it and flat out refuses I make her sit there until she does try it
RobinBright
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:58 AM
If I'm making something that I KNOW one does not like, but the rest of us do, I just make sure there are enough different foods on the table to make up for it. I don't make them to eat things that they legitimately do not like.

If they're just being fussy and "don't want that" or refuse to try something, tough luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)