Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Replies (61-70):
Duckyteers
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM
No, I make something everyone will eat. And if not.. well we have bread and pb lol.
taygil2013
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I love this lol. My mom use to say this to me and my son is a picky eater so i have a feeling he is going to be hearing this a lot too. r

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

No. They are welcome to make themselves a sandwich, or reheat some leftovers. But I am not a short-order cook.

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I generally try to make seething everyone will like. If I make something I KNOW they hate (which is almost never) I make them something else.

But they have to try at least a bite of new foods.

My 9 year old is a champ, my 5 and 2 year old are picky but I am no short order cook.
honey27
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM

then they can fix themselves a sandwhich. i make one meal and i have 3 kids so.

anon1986East
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM

It's rare that my kids don't like a certain meal but on those rare occasions that I know they won't like whatever DH and I are in the mood for I will make something else for them to eat. 

waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Nope, we are not short order cooks, they eat what we eat or they don't eat.

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM
My boys are 10 and 8. That being said, if they don't like what's for supper, they can make themselves a sandwich. I will NOT make them a seperate meal. If they don't want a sandwich, they can go to bed hungry and eat breakfast in the morning.

They always have the option to eat what I cooked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabeard3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:28 PM
No. If they don't like what's on the table they will eat it anyways and if they leave enough on their plate then they"ll eat it for breakfast....
ToniTennille
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I'm not a short order cook. They eat what I make. I've never really had and issue with it though.
Christy_517
by Invisible on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

My older kids will make a sandwich or heat up leftovers if they don't like what I made. My son is FTT (failure to thrive) so I tend to make things I know he will like. If for some reason he's not into that day, I will make him something else. It's really important for him to eat enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN