Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Replies (71-80):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I used to when they were little. Now, if they don't like it, they have to make their own alternate meal.

Sbellemommy
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
eat what I made or wait till the next meal. Period.
Texas.Mama
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM
I don't... If they're hungry they'll eat it. :)
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:31 AM
They can eat what is put in front of them or go hungry.
Ray-of-Beezy
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
I give him options prior to cooking more often than not. If not I make something that I know he likes. If he doesn't want to eat it then he doesn't eat. I do not make separate meals.

Our rule is that he has to stay at the table until DH and I are finished eating. If he sits and doesn't eat then I pack his food up. If he then tells me, after packing it up, that he's hungry I reheat it in the microwave and he eats. Again, I do not make separate meals.
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:45 AM
It's honestly never happened to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Wait. I lied. I make them something separate if we are having something that is very spicy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMays
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I completely understand not liking something. That being said, we don't have the money to be making special separate meals for DD. So she gets peanut butter.
Kelid805
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I am actually more picky than my daughter LOL.
For instance, tonight she wanted salmon with broccoli and an artichoke. I don't like any of those things but I am glad she loves eating healthy and I didn't mind making her a separate meal. Now, if she had asked for a bowl of cereal or cookies for dinner there is no way in hell.
Usually though, her and I plan dinners together and make it, my husband will have whatever we choose!
maryhen
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM

I dint cook because I suck at it, We usually make a list of what we all like every week and give it to our lovely neighbor who cooks for us, she charges per meal so we usually order the same for the three of us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)