Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your child doesn't like what you make for dinner... ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you make them a separate meal?

Why/why not?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Replies (91-100):
almburr
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM
That's right! There have only been a few time that a kid didn't like something I made, but that was them not feeling well.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

No. They are welcome to make themselves a sandwich, or reheat some leftovers. But I am not a short-order cook.

momwith2monkeys
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Nom they can eat what I fix or not eat. I don't make separate meals because they want to be picky.
IhartU
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM

If they don't like what I cook, then they are free to make themselves a sandwich. I usually only have that problem with my oldest son who is VERY picky and likes nothing.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have kids at home but we do keep our grandson and if he doesn't like what I make, I will make him something else.  It's just not worth the hassle or arguement because he doesn't like it.  Most of the time when he's here, I make kid friendly food I know he likes.

Nichole31385
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM

2 bite rule here you have to take 2 bites of everything on your plate

jjessers
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: If I make something I know my kids won't eat (which is rare) I would make them something else. However, I just usually make food we all like.

If they refuse to eat what I make and it's normally something they'd eat, they go to bed without. That happens almost never.
RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM
I cook dinner everynight for 5 kids. They are required to eat the meat and at least 1 out of 2 sides. I don't have time to make 5 different meals.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I always make sure I make stuff they like.
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM
This

Quoting coolmommy2x: If I make something I know one or both them do not like, I'll make them something else. If they usually like it but don't want it or suddenly don't like it, they can have cereal and have to get it themselves.
booknerd84
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM

If it is something both my kids don't like I will make them something else but other than that I hate too b.c then they expect it all the time. My daughter is already a picky eatter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)