Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Own Groceries?

photo hugsduckhearts.gif

Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
sweetsavannah10
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM

IQuoting hugss:

Why only most?

Quoting sweetsavannah10:

most of the time, yes.

I usually go through the self scan. But if I happen to go through the regular lines, they bag them

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Ahh that I understand ;)

Quoting sweetsavannah10:

IQuoting hugss:

Why only most?

Quoting sweetsavannah10:

most of the time, yes.

I usually go through the self scan. But if I happen to go through the regular lines, they bag them

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I shop at 3 different grocery stores every Saturday. 2 places have baggers and the last place I have to bag my own. I bring my own bags and that makes it easier for me. My bags can hold more groceries.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Not really when it's winter. Mostly because they don't plow the roads very well here off-base. It's also a pain to have to stop at a cash machine to get yen out when you have to get all three kids out of carseats and then back in but during winter it is doubly exhausting. Universe has started taking card though so I will probably be going off-base much more often now come spring time. :-)

Quoting hugss:

Do you go off base often?

Quoting GodsAmiga:

If I go off-base yes. On-base they bag them for you.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM

If we go on Post they have baggers that do it for tips and they carry them out and load them in your car for you.  I use them if we have too many groceries to go through the self checkout.  Of course you can tell them you want to do it but I just always feel obligated, lol.
  We only had one grocery store in town until we got an Aldi's.  I've never shopped at the other store so I don't know if they bag your groceries or not.  I just know that they don't at Aldi's.

sburger315
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Yes lol
Quoting hugss:

Have you always bagged them?

Quoting sburger315:

Yes. I can NOT stand when other people bag my groceries! 

I have a certain way I like it done.

Luke 3/15/11    Maddie 4/29/12    Identical Twin Girls Due 5/29/14

CarlyEliz
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I do at places that don't have baggers. I don't at Aldi because i always forget to bring bags. So when I get home i bring stuff in and then grab a few bags and go back n forth with those til my car is empty
mikesmom65270
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Only at Aldi

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

They don't plow our tiny road either.  If you can make it to the highway then you are good to go.  We got snow last night but wanted to grab a few things from the commissary today.  We got all the way there safely just to see that everything was closed, lol.  We pulled into the shoppette at 2:18 to see a sign that says they will close at 2pm. LOL!!!

Where in Japan are you?  We were stationed there for 3yrs ;)

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Not really when it's winter. Mostly because they don't plow the roads very well here off-base. It's also a pain to have to stop at a cash machine to get yen out when you have to get all three kids out of carseats and then back in but during winter it is doubly exhausting. Universe has started taking card though so I will probably be going off-base much more often now come spring time. :-)

Quoting hugss:

Do you go off base often?

Quoting GodsAmiga:

If I go off-base yes. On-base they bag them for you.

lunyuny
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Yes when the store is busiest it seems.

Quoting hugss:

Does that happen often?

Quoting lunyuny: If no checkers are available I do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN