Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ovarian cyst rupture??!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
Last night around 9:00pm I was expirencing really really bad stomach pain like I was having labor contractions.(I'm not pg) and all through the night I kept having these pains no position would help the pain. Even when I was dreaming I could still feel the pain. I was diagnosed with a 5cm ovarian cyst on my left side about a couple months ago and I was wondering how do you know if it's ruptured. I can't take this pain it's hurting so bad and this morning and I had a really bright red blood and I'm expecting my period. Can anyone help.
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jjames1990
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I get one every few months for the past 30 years. Since I was 12. When one ruptures I get a more then the usual sharp pain, then an incredible burning feeling that takes my breath away. Then I get a discharge for a few hours that is clear to yellowish, sticky. And then I feel GREAT, till the next one developes.
Georgia31023
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM

This sounds very familiar, I had one rupture and the pain was horrible but I think mine was a fairly small cyst and the pain only lasted a few hours, but if you are concerned I would call your dr. and have a sonogram done to make sure thats what happened. And do you know what causes your cysts, is there anything they can give you to treat them or prevent them. My dr said as long as I was on birth control I shouldn't have any problems with them, but if I ever try to get pregnant again it's liable to happen again, Good Luck

jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Quoting Georgia31023:

This sounds very familiar, I had one rupture and the pain was horrible but I think mine was a fairly small cyst and the pain only lasted a few hours, but if you are concerned I would call your dr. and have a sonogram done to make sure thats what happened. And do you know what causes your cysts, is there anything they can give you to treat them or prevent them. My dr said as long as I was on birth control I shouldn't have any problems with them, but if I ever try to get pregnant again it's liable to happen again, Good Luck

They put me on birth control to see if it will help shrink it but she wants me to see a speacilst to see how bad it is but the thing to I didn't know how long I've had it for. I'm still having the pains it's horrible I just want to cry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)