Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything you used to do before kids that you wish you could do now?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 115 Replies
2 moms liked this

Before I had kids, my life was emptier in many ways but I also had a lot more fun, lol. The main thing I miss from my pre-kid life, though, is my freedom - the freedom to get up and go to the mall just because I want to go browsing without having to load up the car, drag them along, and tell them "No" 900 times as we go through the mall looking at things. I also miss being able to sleep in!

So what about you? What did you used to do before you became a mom that you wish you could still do now?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shoot4thestars
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I miss just being able to flop on the couch after I get home from work and crash for an hour or so.  And sleeping in to, I'm really missing that!  Or just sleep in general, DS still isn't sleeping through the night most nights. 

momoftwo0406
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Pee alone. :/ really they are 9&7 and I still can't go alone. If its not the kids it's dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Long late night walks. Sleeping in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Vacationing without needing a 100 step plan, as well as about a thousand lists of everything you will need for only a weekend trip. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I miss being able to write for hours on end or read all day.

maryhen
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Travelling, my parents would take us to different places on holidays and summers were camps, trips and summer house I miss those times, not worrying about anything but what to take and where to go. Be wreckless and a rebel without giving a shit, oh those times... and sports, well istn a before and after babies thing, is more of an age thing lol, but still. 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear you. everytime I slip into the bathroom. I hear, "where's your mother?" or mom mommmom.

Quoting momoftwo0406: Pee alone. :/ really they are 9&7 and I still can't go alone. If its not the kids it's dh
mlpcrusader
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant way too young I never got to explore my early twenties. Enjoyed a brief stint before babies of late nights and parties. I'd like to be able to see what I missed out on.

That sounds bad. :-/
momoftwo0406
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:01 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes it never fails.

I have to admit last week because of all the snow days I went and got a lock for my bedroom. Now I can lock the bedroom door and use my bathroom all by myself. It's been wonderful. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM
No I had kids early.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)