Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything you used to do before kids that you wish you could do now?

Posted by   + Show Post

Before I had kids, my life was emptier in many ways but I also had a lot more fun, lol. The main thing I miss from my pre-kid life, though, is my freedom - the freedom to get up and go to the mall just because I want to go browsing without having to load up the car, drag them along, and tell them "No" 900 times as we go through the mall looking at things. I also miss being able to sleep in!

So what about you? What did you used to do before you became a mom that you wish you could still do now?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I miss sleeping past 8.  And going to bed when I want even if it is before 9.  Just sleep in general.  I miss sleep.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I used to go to bed early and read late into the night. Now it takes me a year to finish a book! Lol
Molimomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Go to the bathroom ALONE.

read in the tub.

get a hair cut without rushing to get home ASAP.

watch prime time tv DURING prime time and not on the DVR 3 days later.

being able to stay in bed and be medicated when I have a cold or a migraine instead of having to power through miserable. 

My clean car...that will never happen again..

RADmomma
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Sleep
Free time
Not having to share my chocolate
One on one time with my husband. ( we were not together long before getting pregnant so I feel like we missed out on part of our relationship )
Alicia1231
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I miss sleeping through the night without waking up and traveling. My husband and I used to travel a lot and now it is a lot harder with a one year old but I wouldn't change a thing!
booknerd84
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I do miss being able to go somewhere and just looking! Now it's can we go to the toys? I have to go to the bathroom! I'm bored! I want something!

amazzonia
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM

travel more

DesignerMom22
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I miss going on a lunch or dinner date with my best friends anytime. I miss reading a book.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I really don't feel like my kids are holding me back from doing what I want. I guess that is because they are older now and pretty independent.

Jensep
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Coaching cheerleading!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)