Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything you used to do before kids that you wish you could do now?

Posted by   + Show Post

Before I had kids, my life was emptier in many ways but I also had a lot more fun, lol. The main thing I miss from my pre-kid life, though, is my freedom - the freedom to get up and go to the mall just because I want to go browsing without having to load up the car, drag them along, and tell them "No" 900 times as we go through the mall looking at things. I also miss being able to sleep in!

So what about you? What did you used to do before you became a mom that you wish you could still do now?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
LilTymomma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Go out shopping and go out on a date (w/ hubby ofcourse)

Kazmira222
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I miss being able to take a nap whenever I wanted! I miss drawing (because I'm an artist), I miss staying over at a friends after having a good evening together, I miss doing my nails, I miss tanning for hours outside. Ect lol
maria1613
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I miss the freedom I had, and how independent I was. I didn't have to answer to anyone, I could do whatever I pleased. I got pregnant and had dd at age 22, and I felt that I had a lot more fun to be had before I even thought about settling down with someone. I would never trade my DD or SO in for anything ever, but I wish I would have been able to be "free" for longer. I see all the fun my friends are having and I get jealous. BUT I'm one of the first of my group of friends to have kids so I'll be able to enjoy my later life a little more, and sooner than they will be, not saying that raising kids and having a family isn't enjoyable..... gosh insert foot *here* I'm done babbling like an idiot lol

Genesis29
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quoting mlpcrusader: I got pregnant way too young I never got to explore my early twenties. Enjoyed a brief stint before babies of late nights and parties. I'd like to be able to see what I missed out on.

That sounds bad. :-/

Same here at times but then I think how much I love spending time with my babies too, it would of be nice thou having that experience
Tay06
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

I miss being able to drink whenever I wanted to, but I guess not being able to do that is actually better for my liver lol.  My life has changed for the better.  I have a three year old shopping companion, I've learned patience (lots and lots of patience), I don't get bored any more, and I go outside ten times more.  I really don't miss anything.  I grew out of the bar stage and the immature friends stage rather quickly.

meagan820
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM
My daughter sleeps in with me :( but I miss coming home from work and not having to do house work , using the bathroom alone, being able to wake up 30 minutes before I had to be at work , and being able to run to the store oh and bikinis I still have the body for one but not something I feel comfortable wearing now that I have a kid lol
Gooberzilla
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM

I used to read at least 3 books a week and I would binge-read nearly every weekend (1-2 books a day).  Now I'm lucky if I read 1 book a week.  I also miss morning dates with DH.  Every weekend we'd get up early and go out to breakfast.  We'd get coffee and sit and chat for a few hours.  It was really fun and a nice way to connect.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

SLEEP!!! lol My kids don't sleep at all. It's been 4 years now. I also miss going to concerts when I had the chance. 

ck8204
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:51 AM
I miss peeing in peace. I swear. The sound of the bath room door shutting reminds my kids they need or want some thing that only I can get them.
fiddlerbird555
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I was just musing how difficult it is to practice music now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN