Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything you used to do before kids that you wish you could do now?

Posted by   + Show Post

Before I had kids, my life was emptier in many ways but I also had a lot more fun, lol. The main thing I miss from my pre-kid life, though, is my freedom - the freedom to get up and go to the mall just because I want to go browsing without having to load up the car, drag them along, and tell them "No" 900 times as we go through the mall looking at things. I also miss being able to sleep in!

So what about you? What did you used to do before you became a mom that you wish you could still do now?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
djg0622
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM
I miss sleeping in so much. I can't believe how little sleep my kids need to function.
amberlyp
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Oh man! I miss just doing nothing. I was able to lay on the couch and watch tv on my days off. Now it's bubble guppies all day and there's definitely no laying down!
LeKendria
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:35 AM
I miss being able to sleep in. Not having to cook when i dont want to. I miss going on a quick trip to the store or any where.
Sister_Someone
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Nothing.

Partly because I became a mom very young, but regardless, I don't believe in the mommy martyr thing. I'm a grown woman, I can do whatever the hell I want to, and I haven't given up on anything I liked to do just because I became a mom. There are certain aspects of life that take more planning now than they used to, but there is nothing that can't be done if you want it bad enough.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Sleeping in.
Not having to answer 1000 questions a day lol
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM
I agree and I am pretty much the same...but come on...there's gotta be something you miss doing...even if it's just not sneaking ice cream.after the kids are in bed lol

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Nothing.

Partly because I became a mom very young, but regardless, I don't believe in the mommy martyr thing. I'm a grown woman, I can do whatever the hell I want to, and I haven't given up on anything I liked to do just because I became a mom. There are certain aspects of life that take more planning now than they used to, but there is nothing that can't be done if you want it bad enough.

MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Shower alone
Pee alone
Eat yogurt without having to share
Eat any fruit or vegetable without having to share
Eat chocolate without having to share
Chunkymunkey922
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Freedom to do what I want when I want.
lovehimforever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxons_mama
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Use the bathroom in peace and without an audience!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN