Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone gotten pregnant after a tubal? FREAKING OUT!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

I not only had a tubal after my son was born 2 and a half years ago, but my husband had a vasectomy too....

I've had PERFECT cycles since one month after he was born, NEVER more than 2 days late but that was just my cycle changing a little, which is common, and for the same reasons coming early twice but then it came after the right amount of days there after consistently...

My cycles are always about 30 days. This month, nothing out of the ordinary. I even thought it was coming and broke out and was moody and cravng stuff, extra discharge, the whole thing. I was due the 28th. NOTHING! Not even a spot....Today i am officially a week late....

I know what the odds are that with BOTH those procedures, pretty slim, but hubby did tear one of his tubes off during a work accident and was told by his urologist that without going back in he had a slightly higher possibility now of producing sperm in his semen again from the one testicle, so theres a small chance that happened...

I'm a very rational person....but a week late doesn't happen to me! I'm not (til now lol) more stressed, taking any different meds, or anything else that I can think would cause this....I'm very moody, i have had a cold...maybe thats it?

I'm going to test Thursday morning if it still hasnt' come, which I'm sure it will be negative and I'll feel so dumb....but I wonder...how many of you have gotten pregnant after a tubal? How common IS IT?

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I have heard a lot of stories of preg after a tubal OR vasectomy, but never really both. Take a test and let us know.
Momsangel21706
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Scary! Please let it be negative this is my biggest fear lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)