Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CVS to stop selling tobacco by Oct 1st!! Do you smoke, what do you think of this?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 65 Replies
Today, we’ve announced that we are ending the sales of tobacco in all 7,600 CVS/pharmacy stores by October 1. As a health care company, it’s time for us to take a stand and to put our customers, colleagues and patients on a path to better health. Share this if you stand with us in our commitment to go tobacco-free. Learn more: http://bit.ly/1lAcT0Y
Today, we’ve announced that we are ending the sales of tobacco in all 7,600 CVS/pharmacy stores by October 1. As a health care company, it’s time for us to take a stand and to put our customers, colleagues and patients on a path to better health. Share this if you stand with us in our commitment to go tobacco-free.  Learn more: http://bit.ly/1lAcT0Y

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Cool. I quit smoking about a month ago. In my opinion, tobacco shouldn't even be legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's good.  But I hate cigarette smoke. 

KEL101212
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I think it is great!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

congrats on quitting!!! how long did you smoke for?

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe: Cool. I quit smoking about a month ago. In my opinion, tobacco shouldn't even be legal.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

this is huge i think....  i read that they will lose like 6 billion in revenue a year.

melissa632
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's fine. They're cigs are at least $1.00 more than the convenience stores. I never buy them there.
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! :)

Nearly 15 years. I started when I was really young. I regret it! But I know I'll never smoke again. I feel so much better now :)

Quoting aneela:

congrats on quitting!!! how long did you smoke for?

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe: Cool. I quit smoking about a month ago. In my opinion, tobacco shouldn't even be legal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillettemomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
This was actually for this past October and it wasn't all....many cvs were grandfathered in and allowed to continue selling them (like the one near me)....I do smoke but I won't buy cigarettes from cvs unless I have no other choice because they are so over priced (2 dollars over the normal price here)
Mrs.CATWOMEN91
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM
It's just one company. It's not going to stop smoking period,yes it will decrease but not that much you can still get em at gas stations, walgreens, publix, walmart, etc etc.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I have equal access to Cvs , Walgreens, and Riteaid where I live.I generally see no difference btw them. all things being equal I would choose CVS if I needed drugstore items based on this new no tobacco policy.

Quoting Mrs.CATWOMEN91: It's just one company. It's not going to stop smoking period,yes it will decrease but not that much you can still get em at gas stations, walgreens, publix, walmart, etc etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)